what car

Participant count
  • Participant list

youdoofus

Skibidi
im thinking of getting a different car. My question is what cars out there are well suited for aftermarket audio? Im thinking something like a '12 altima, but the alternator is 130 amps on it. I know that if i want to go big, ill need a bigger alt (maybe) and a slew of batteries and 0 gauge, but are there better suited cars over others that you guys can think of? Just trying to get ideas if i do end up getting a newer car. No GM's is one of my only rules LOL

Chevy Tahoe. My dad just sold me his old 2002 for like 2 grand and this thing is God's gift to car audio freaks. You can buy pre made speaker pods that'll hold a 6.5" and an 8" in each front door panel, or 2 6.5's if you prefer. The center console is bottomless and the back seats have room under them for huge amps, or a gimp in a box if you prefer.

Chevy Tahoe. My dad just sold me his old 2002 for like 2 grand and this thing is God's gift to car audio freaks. You can buy pre made speaker pods that'll hold a 6.5" and an 8" in each front door panel, or 2 6.5's if you prefer. The center console is bottomless and the back seats have room under them for huge amps, or a gimp in a box if you prefer.
ROFL!!! Gimp in a box!!! Im just a non GM person. I know the Tahoes and so forth are amazeb@lls when it comes to audio, but im a mid size sedan person

yeah, i gave an example car, but forgot to mention that it was around $8k
if u don't like gm only thing i could say is camry idk about alt and all.. if u could do a gm, man u can get a nice grand prix like mine with low miles lots of room, no supercharged they get ok mpg.. look on carvana idk how low they go ., they have nice cars in the $12k range though.

There are some really loud accords out there
yeah, i had a 96 ex sedan back in the day and i put some diamond hex 6.5 comps in front run off my PPI PC250, 2 rockford HE2 12"s run off my A/D/S/ PQ20.2 and an exclipse 55430 deck. It was loud AF and clean too. This was back in the late 90s, got rid of it in like 2002. Sounded pretty awesome!! The speakers and sub/amp went into my next car the Infiniti I30t. That thing was a bit louder despite having a larger cabin area, had to have been related to the shape and sound insulation of a much more premium car

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

About this thread

youdoofus

Skibidi
youdoofus
planet earth
Start date
Participants
Who Replied
Replies
Views
Last reply date
Last reply from