What battery to get

Kross6622
10+ year member

CarAudio.com Elite
SCS, MI
Well my setup is almost complete, just missing a few things here or there and it will be done. Now its time for me to look at the electrical.

I plan on getting a HO alt later down the road.

My car is a 2007 Pontiac Grand Prix and comes stock with a 120 amp alt.

My setup will consist of

Orion 2500d

15" Fi BTL

Rockford T400-4

I really want just 1 battery and I want it in the front. This is for a daily setup, I do not plan to do burps or any competitions. I want something i can just throw in the stock location and will work perfect.

I was thinking of setting the amp to around 1200-1500 watts until i get the alt, but i do not want to have to upgrade the battery.

Let me know what you think the best battery will be. And once i get an HO alt should i be fine to set it around 2000 watts?

Whats the biggest that would fit in the stock location. Budget will be made for the best battery i can get. I want to keep it to 1, that will be in the stock location. Will kinetic be a good starting battery too? It would prob be cheaper for me to get a second battery for the back but i'd like to just have the one.

measure your OEM battery and go from there. the dimensions might even be available online on car dealer websites at the parts section. my civic called for a group 51 which is a pretty compact sized battery for the small economy cars. i was able to fit a optima yellow top D34 which is about 2 sizes up. i went with yellow top because it was designed for both audio and starting battery.

i was orignally thinking optima but im not sure if it will be enough. I know it would do fine with the HO alt but i dont plan on getting that for a few months. I just dont want to upgrade the batt down the road. I'd rather get it right the first time. Cars a 0-7 grand prix. Pretty standard size. I was also considering a Batcap, think they would work good under the hood?

Im open to ALL kinds, prices dont matter except i cannot afford a 400+ battery unless it would be some sick battery that would make me not have to get a HO alt

XS powermaster. i love my two
where did you buy from? And i want just 1, would it work? Running a orion 2500d but will only be pushing out 1200 watts until i get an HO Alt. Then plan to up it to 2000ish.

I have a Deka intimidator 9A31... but lol that won't fit, but it's a ****ing champ and if you're on a budget Deka's are a little cheaper and hav great specs and last for quite a while, so maybe if you can fit it the 9A34 which should be as good if not a little better than a yellow top and a bit cheaper... but just a suggestion, to add to your considerations

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.