RCA cable help???

Participant count
  • Participant list
I've had 2 pairs of infinity kappa 63.7i speakers and a kicker cvr 12" sub hooked up to a kicker zx700.5 5 channel amp installed in my car for about a year, and now my front and back left speakers are not working properly. Sometimes, I'll be riding in my car and the speakers will work fine. Other times, the speakers will go in and out until they stop working all together. Yesterday, I realized that when I wiggle the 2 RCA cables for the speakers, the left side speakers go in and out just as they would when I was driving. This didn't happen for the sub RCA cable, which is different than the other two. Is this a problem with the actual RCA cables or with the inputs for the RCA cables on the amp?

Thanks for any help

Do you have a Pioneer HU? There are consistently people on this forum who have pioneer HUs and they have issues with their RCAs. Try searching for "ground RCAs pioneer" (without the "s).

Try doing what jkbeaumont1 suggested and hook an mp3 player or iPod right up to the amp and see if that works. If it doesn't work, it'll most likely be a problem with your amp, but if it does, it'll be something messed up with your RCAs.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.