what are your thoughts on Dual subs?

lies, i tell you. Dual is teh secks. I want some rich base in my car..

Wait a second..//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/uhoh.gif.c07307dd22ee7e63e22fc8e9c614d1fd.gif

I heard it beat out Jensen and Pyle for Worst speakers of the year 2003,2004,2005,2006 and 2007 lol
I use to bump a Jensen XS12, which cost fitty bucks at PepBoys. It was hooked up to old Audiovox amp. I built a spec wedge enclosure for it and I must say for what it was and what it cost, it sounded dam good. It surprised alot of people who had much more expensive equipment.

I say go for it, maybe just buy the speakers and build a good box for them. It would be better than the prefag box. Its all a learning experience. If thats what you want go furrit. It might not be competition worthy but it will surprise the chit out of someone that Duals could sound so good. Now thats WOW factor right there. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/cool.gif.3bcaf8f141236c00f8044d07150e34f7.gif

Are they any good? Depends on what you want...not for high power applications most definately.

Can they sound good? Depends on your skill and/or the amount of work you put in to it.

Are there any better options? Absolutely...

Would I buy one?

NO

you can do much better, and much louder. I bought two qpower delux 12's and a sealed box for exactly $150 and did a 139.5 in the kick!!!
Haha, actually I have a delux 15" in a ported in my room, it doesn't do half bad for a cheap ass sub! Definatly better option then the duals. But then again, at least it's not the bandpass box, god IMO tha tthing sounds like pure SH!T. Not bass, Just someone taking a ****:(

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.