Drained battery, thoughts?

Participant count
  • Participant list

some dude

I myself was once president of Algeria
I went out of town for 1 week. I forgot to unplug my Skar rp-75 amp so it was on the whole time.
I powered it down and measured the voltage on my 80AH agm and got 4.X volts.

I've got a 2amp charger on it now. How long shoukd I leave it on for and is saving / recovering the battery possible?

2 amp charger means it charges 2 amps per hour. So go read your battery at how much it stores, and do less than that, probably half of that should be enough to get you started.

I want to know why your amp killed it, but i don't. This is such a lazy ass thread that you couldn't google or read about your charger.

I went out of town for 1 week. I forgot to unplug my Skar rp-75 amp so it was on the whole time.
I powered it down and measured the voltage on my 80AH agm and got 4.X volts.

I've got a 2amp charger on it now. How long shoukd I leave it on for and is saving / recovering the battery possible?
Try 24 hours on a trickle 2 amp. Most chargers these days have a smart charge feature that once the battery reaches a certain voltage the batt charger will stop charging and or shut itself off from over charging the battery/or batteries. Most of my chargers do. try 24hrs should be fine. Charge it outside away from everything or anything that may be too close to it for some safety measures in case it does explode or crack and split

Try 24 hours on a trickle 2 amp. Most chargers these days have a smart charge feature that once the battery reaches a certain voltage the batt charger will stop charging and or shut itself off from over charging the battery/or batteries. Most of my chargers do. try 24hrs should be fine. Charge it outside away from everything or anything that may be too close to it for some safety measures in case it does explode or crack and split
I would at the least run the remote to Accessery/ and or a shared fuse for ignition operation/On/Off

2 amp charger means it charges 2 amps per hour. So go read your battery at how much it stores, and do less than that, probably half of that should be enough to get you started.

I want to know why your amp killed it, but i don't. This is such a lazy ass thread that you couldn't google or read about your charger.
You are becoming me.

I normally leave it on 24/7. I have a small jumper wire a few inches long that goes from 12v to accessory plug. I've been lazy and I really need to switch it to the right power source.

I thought I unplugged it but yeah go figure, powered all week..

1694331544435.png

Hey Neon red28Ri.

tenor.gif

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...