Thoughts on these Kenwwod speakers

Participant count
  • Participant list

Major Hassles

CarAudio.com Newbie
Relatively new to this. Looking to swap over old stock car door speakers. 6.5" 16.5cm/17cm ish. I have been looking at these Kenwoods on amazon ; Amazon product ASIN B07NYB3C4S . Currently there is a speaker and and a seperate tweeter. My plan was to leave the tweeter thats there and replace the midbase with a 2 ways coaxial, i cant see any issues with that i dont think, just adding a new 2 way, additional treble. I can afford another 20% money on the above. But should i be looking at other brands ? I have a Kenwood head unit. It is not amped and im not going to those lengths, I just want some good clarity, its loud enough as is.

Any thoughts will be appreciated.

Multiple tweeter's introduces a lot more than just treble, it's a very substantial portion of the entire music program and usually ruins the soundstage; it's not recommended. If you end up with any coaxial, disable the OEM tweeters and just use the coaxials for everything. What size are the two drivers currently in the setup and what impedance are they? What is the budget?

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...