What are these things inside my old RF amp?

CaptNKILL
10+ year member

Senior VIP Member
PA, USA
I was cleaning up an old RF Punch 60x2 trans-ana amp that I got from someone several months ago and inside I noticed two little dials inside on the main board. They look just like the left and right gain controls on the back\outside of the amp.

Here is a picture. I circled the dials.

Does anyone know what these do? They are easy to adjust with a small screw driver or knife, but I don't want to mess with them without knowing what they're for.

Thanks

LOL

Nice... //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/laugh.gif.48439b2acf2cfca21620f01e7f77d1e4.gif

Seriously though, I really want to know what these do.

Is there any chance they adjust the center frequency of the bass and treble boosts? I don't know if that's possible electrically, but it'd be nice if they could do that. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/redface.gif.62fdbfe1a101588a808c4cff71bcb942.gif

they could be to set the bias ..i wouldnt touch them..
I don't know what "bias" means in this case, so I agree, I won't touch them. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/biggrin.gif.d71a5d36fcbab170f2364c9f2e3946cb.gif

heh... I had a buddy with an old Rockford 200ix that took it apart and told me they were volume knobs. He cranked them all the way and his amp blew.... imagine that.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.