What about this setup?

Participant count
  • Participant list

Jplaya135
10+ year member

Senior VIP Member
This is what im thinking let me know if i should add anythign or if anything should be changed.........2 Kicker 15" L7's in ported boxes....Each sub hooked up to its own Hifonics 1500......2 1f caps....1 optima yellow top.....0 and 4 ga. power wire.....and all other basic wires. I might upgrade the alt. down the road but if its possible want to get everything hooked up until i get the money for the alt. Also what amp fuses 150? 300?

personally, i would sratch the caps and upgrade the alternator. as for the fuse, fiind the amp rating of the bx1500d either in the manual or the by fuses mounted on the amp itself. since you are using two, add both ratings. then get a fuse that's just a bit higher than the amp rating you calculated. correct me if i'm wrong, but i believe the bx1500d uses two 60A fuses. so in your case, two bx1500d amps would draw 240A. therefore, you should get a 250A fuse.

http://www.excessiveamperage.com/

and i think your amps supposed to have 2 80amp fuse in it, there’s a thread some where on here saying Hifonics messed up rating the fuses for the amp and said they were 2 60amp ones instead of the right ones that are 2 80amp ones.

and i'd say screw the caps and get the alt.

caps are only a band-aid for people who don't have a ho alternator. the alternator is the cure. don't waste your money on the caps

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.