Went to HISPL's place and did some NS1 vs Shocker 4kw testing with his wall - *vids*

You need to run three 4kw's and three 18's and send me some of those 15's >:-]
I've considered that but I don't think top or bottom port would meter well and I definitely don't think they would like that much power for very long.

more like one taramps bass 15k //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/wink.gif.608e3ea05f1a9f98611af0861652f8fb.gif unless this is power classes
No limit on power in wall classes in pretty much any org AFAIK. dunno if you saw the numbers but my "4K" is 1.5dB louder than Sundown NS1 so I don't think even replacing 2 of them for a Brazilian 15K would be a good trade.

You was in the jeep both times?
Same electrical system too?155 on the dash in the center? Humm.....
I gain a bit sitting in the passenger seat with or without seats in. Meter is normal DB Drag placement. Local judge uses the placement jig and puts a little sticker on the spot for easy placement at future shows or for testing at home.

Again, I gain close to 2dB with the seats out. If I needed to have seats in to meter port up top or center would probably be superior.

Same electrical system too?155 on the dash in the center? Humm.....
My elec is a bit weaker than Jon's, but his draw is more. I will guess there is probably .1 or .2db worth of extra voltage in his system, compared to mine.

No limit on power in wall classes in pretty much any org AFAIK. dunno if you saw the numbers but my "4K" is 1.5dB louder than Sundown NS1 so I don't think even replacing 2 of them for a Brazilian 15K would be a good trade.
weird how that works

two brazilian 15ks lol they're much cheaper than 2 ns-1's anyways

weird how that works
two brazilian 15ks lol they're much cheaper than 2 ns-1's anyways

Most of the guys up here get NS1s refurb from The Amp Lab. There's a lot of them up this way and AFAIK nobody has paid over 1000$ for one.

The big Korean I have in the Jeep now has been very good to me so I will probably just stick with two of them and if I "need" more power later going up to 18V would probably be my next step.

Most of the guys up here get NS1s refurb from The Amp Lab. There's a lot of them up this way and AFAIK nobody has paid over 1000$ for one.
The big Korean I have in the Jeep now has been very good to me so I will probably just stick with two of them and if I "need" more power later going up to 18V would probably be my next step.
Wow that's suprising, I guess the VP700.1 being the price it is isn't such a big surprise after all although I believe one is S&I and one is zenon?

Jon - let me know when those sigs are done, i am picking up one of zaks d3100s tomorrow, which is a nice upgrade from the batt i have in its place. Ill see if i can hang another volt for the amps to feed on. Take front seats out, and then test test test.

Wow that's suprising, I guess the VP700.1 being the price it is isn't such a big surprise after all although I believe one is S&I and one is zenon?
Bear in mind that's refurb price on the NS1s. AmpLab buys big lots of broken amps from a few companies and fixes them up for resale. Cost of living up here is pretty cheap so they can probably get away with making a little less than some of the other guys in big cities.

That said, I know the ones I have cost 1500$ a whack from Korea (yes, Zenon) new plus shipping. Probably don't break in price just at the minimum 50 piece order. I really worry about the companies selling these amps so cheap. How can they afford to honor warranties on legit manufacturing defects or other losses? I think the companies who stay in business take the cost from Korea, double it and that's the MSRP splitting the difference in pricing to re-sellers or "team" members. That's pretty much what you'd have to do to stay in business long term.

Jon - let me know when those sigs are done, i am picking up one of zaks d3100s tomorrow, which is a nice upgrade from the batt i have in its place. Ill see if i can hang another volt for the amps to feed on. Take front seats out, and then test test test.
Hopefully Saturday. You'll want to bring the termlab and don't forget my DATS. I do want to pull specs off of that 12 I put in the Toyota and build a better box to fit that trunk at some point.... really after seeing how big 3 cube with adequate port is in there I almost wish I had built up a 10" instead.

Bear in mind that's refurb price on the NS1s. AmpLab buys big lots of broken amps from a few companies and fixes them up for resale. Cost of living up here is pretty cheap so they can probably get away with making a little less than some of the other guys in big cities.
That said, I know the ones I have cost 1500$ a whack from Korea (yes, Zenon) new plus shipping. Probably don't break in price just at the minimum 50 piece order. I really worry about the companies selling these amps so cheap. How can they afford to honor warranties on legit manufacturing defects or other losses? I think the companies who stay in business take the cost from Korea, double it and that's the MSRP splitting the difference in pricing to re-sellers or "team" members. That's pretty much what you'd have to do to stay in business long term.
They can't afford it, it comes out of the markup on smaller amps and drivers most likely

There's no way they sell as many of the big boards anyways

I could get into the whole argument of clone ******** but we've already argued that so it's beating a dead horse. I wish someone like mmats would produce a 5k to 10k board even though it'd be expensive as ****

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.