Second Place Yesterday

This is what 12 - DD 6½" subs did in an extended cab Chevy truck. They peaked @ 26 hz.

20221211_204542.jpg

You have obviously never measured a DD9515 and that's fine. Go measure one and get back to me. It's cool how you hide behind a new name. Jealousy will get you nowhere kid.
Not sure where you get that DD is using some unusual sized cone on their 15" woofers. When did this start happening and do you have any proof?

Not sure where you get that DD is using some unusual sized cone on their 15" woofers. When did this start happening and do you have any proof?
View attachment 45546

This might explain it. Then again it might not. It's pretty well known out here that the 15" subs are actually around 16¾". There is a guy out here who likes to say he runs 17" DD subs. Just measure a current 9500 or 9900 series sub if you get a chance. I still got beat very handily. No excuses there.

I meant to attach this. My box builder is the one who told me about this. He is a DD rep.
I read that as "We use an oddball proprietary cone diameter that you will never be able to buy from a third party and when we make a revision in 5-6 years we will no longer support".

That is assuming it's anything more than marketing ******** and also implying that 5% more cone area or whatever is going to really translate into any meaningful gains.

I read that as "We use an oddball proprietary cone diameter that you will never be able to buy from a third party and when we make a revision in 5-6 years we will no longer support".

That is assuming it's anything more than marketing ******** and also implying that 5% more cone area or whatever is going to really translate into any meaningful gains.
Look .... don't let that take away the fact he came in last. He is proud of that and should be recognized for this accomplishment....

Just measure a 15" DD sub when you get a chance. 95 series or 99 series. I've heard this from multiple people. I didn't make it up.

Look .... don't let that take away the fact he came in last. He is proud of that and should be recognized for this accomplishment....

Proud of the meter and clamp. The guy who took first was @ 53 hz. I'll stick with my 31 hz. I don't like to meter midbass. That's all you brother.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...