Question: Pioneer Audio and JBL?

Participant count
  • Participant list

CalPark16

I recently purchased a 2003 Toyota Tundra SR5, which has no auxiliary port or Bluetooth option, so I can't play my own music... I was surfing the web and found on amazon a "Volunteer Audio Pioneer AVH-201EX Double Din Radio Install Kit with CD Player Bluetooth USB/AUX Fits 2003-2009 Toyota 4Runner, 2003-2006 Tundra (Without JBL system)" (can copy and paste to amazon to find what im looking at). However, it says below it that the system only works with factory radio brackets, NOT JBL. I don't currently have JBL speakers in the Tundra, so it doesn't matter, but if later down the road I wanted to upgrade the speakers and sub woofers to JBL, would it still work?

Thanks!

I recently purchased a 2003 Toyota Tundra SR5, which has no auxiliary port or Bluetooth option, so I can't play my own music... I was surfing the web and found on amazon a "Volunteer Audio Pioneer AVH-201EX Double Din Radio Install Kit with CD Player Bluetooth USB/AUX Fits 2003-2009 Toyota 4Runner, 2003-2006 Tundra (Without JBL system)" (can copy and paste to amazon to find what im looking at). However, it says below it that the system only works with factory radio brackets, NOT JBL. I don't currently have JBL speakers in the Tundra, so it doesn't matter, but if later down the road I wanted to upgrade the speakers and sub woofers to JBL, would it still work?
Thanks!
You can run aftermarket JBL speakers with no problems ..with the pioneer deck ..if you would’ve had the JBL optioned tundra it would’ve been equipped with a JBL amp and radio and specific jbl speakers to match the amp so you would’ve needed an adapter to make the Pioneer radio work

Thanks!
Its not the jbl speakers. That message is specifically for the stock factory jbl amp that requires a specific harness for it to work.

Any thing JBL you add aftermarket will work because its not stupidly configured like the stock jbl amp which requires a special harness.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.