Went to HISPL's place and did some NS1 vs Shocker 4kw testing with his wall - *vids*

That's awesome, I hope the repairs continue to go smoothly for you. I've heard nothing but good things about Shocker Mike.
I actually got to go meet him in December. A nice guy and real enthusiast for audio. Driver cards handled I think the rest of the repair should be pretty standard fare. Amp Lab guys do a lot of big Korean amps so I guess just roll the dice and see how much stuff needs replacing. There's something like 90 MOSFETs in one of these jokers so you're running into a a fair cost of parts and of course hourly charges any way you slice it. Hopefully I bought them right priced enough that it's a decent value after the repair.

Very strong. Wonder what the lower loads do? I know the ns loves .25.
Jason has done 1/4 ohm on the NS1s and his voltage drops into the 9's. I'd gamble with a 2000W amp dropping impedance into the dirt like that but not one where entry level repair would start at 500$. If I were at a big show and needed an extra dB to beat someone who was a total jerk I might take a chance but I think in this region just adding a second one and running both at .35 will be plenty. AFAIK number to beat in my class in NADBL is 160.1. Team RENOTS cutlass may be doing more this year but they don't go to finals.

Is that hispls cabin? That's really sweet

Yes. Pretty comfy and the garage is as big as the house. Bought the place for a song a year and a half ago but it has needed quite a bit of work. The previous owner was a bit of a drunk and stopped caring 8 or 10 years ago after his wife died.

Yes. Pretty comfy and the garage is as big as the house. Bought the place for a song a year and a half ago but it has needed quite a bit of work. The previous owner was a bit of a drunk and stopped caring 8 or 10 years ago after his wife died.
I'd be a drunk if my wife died too in all fairness.

Yeah, about dropping into the 9's...haha. Two NS1's @ .25ish each. I'll be upping the battery capacitance so I'm hoping to at least keep the voltage up for no other reason than keeping the amps from smoking.

This van is beast mode, but that Jeep is more beaster than beast. Jon is the loudest vehicle in the state, me second, that I'm aware of. I have pondered trading the two NS1's for four 4500's or something, but I think the cost difference may be stupid extra. I know with Mike having four TS3.5's, he is good for at least my amount of power, and he will have more cone if he uses all four 18's... it'll come down to install and experience at that point to see who can beat who.

I need a sponsor for a lithium, like 4 sheets of birch, and 100' of 0g... aah the life of never being happy with what you got...

I know with Mike having four TS3.5's, he is good for at least my amount of power, and he will have more cone if he uses all four 18's... ..
And if he tries to stuff all that in his car it is doomed to fail. After AmpLab fixes up those amps none of us will have enough battery.

And if he tries to stuff all that in his car it is doomed to fail. After AmpLab fixes up those amps none of us will have enough battery.
Are you up to try two amps at double the impedance they are at now, once you get at least one back? Be curious if that is louder than one at .7

You need to run three 4kw's and three 18's and send me some of those 15's >:-]
more like one taramps bass 15k //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/wink.gif.608e3ea05f1a9f98611af0861652f8fb.gif unless this is power classes

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.