Welding wire users - tell me your secrets

I was just on ebay looking at this wire lol ! Have you used this yourself ? I have used the Temco brand and its pretty good. I was going to order more but saw this ?
all welding cable is the same. They all have to follow the same industry standard. Just the "excelene" or EB flex version is more flexible almost as much as car audio cable.

Temco wire was a big difference over the Execution Audio CCA wire I just sold but probably wont (and shouldn't) notice anything different when I get this Excelene cable.

Just had to get white as I love doing white and black builds with wire and stuff lol

all welding cable is the same. They all have to follow the same industry standard. Just the "excelene" or EB flex version is more flexible almost as much as car audio cable.
Temco wire was a big difference over the Execution Audio CCA wire I just sold but probably wont (and shouldn't) notice anything different when I get this Excelene cable.

Just had to get white as I love doing white and black builds with wire and stuff lol
So the Temco is less flexible ? It was plenty flexible for my needs. But the stuff you linked to is cheaper and if its the same or more flexible thats even better. Since its industry standard would amperage ratings be the same too ? around 300 amps for 0gauge ?

So the Temco is less flexible ? It was plenty flexible for my needs. But the stuff you linked to is cheaper and if its the same or more flexible thats even better. Since its industry standard would amperage ratings be the same too ? around 300 amps for 0gauge ?
I was wondering the ampacity as well. It's a little different than CA wire, since I'd guess most runs aren't necessarily 20ft or less in welding. It looks like it's 350A for 0-50' runs.

http://www.directwireusa.com/resources/welding-cable-size-amperage-chart.pdf

yeah you see how flexible the Temco stuff is. Any "Excelene" welding cable is even more flexible than that. I mean I really don't need it for it's flexibility as my Temco wire was perfectly fine, I just wanted white wire.

And yes all the amperage ratings are the same

350a for 0 gauge welding cable at 50'

Ampacity.gif

yeah you see how flexible the Temco stuff is. Any "Excelene" welding cable is even more flexible than that. I mean I really don't need it for it's flexibility as my Temco wire was perfectly fine, I just wanted white wire.
And yes all the amperage ratings are the same

350a for 0 gauge welding cable at 50'

Ampacity.gif
Cool I was running two more runs for my new triple alt setup and I dont need to now as 350 amps per is enough with the three runs I have now. You guys just made my night ! I can spend that money else where lol/

charts vary, some are by the ft, some are at 50', some are for 100' +. and welding wire is rated for secondary voltage, which is generally 11-45vdc .....not 600 v .....

But the wire and insulation is rated to be safe up to 600vac ....

charts vary, some are by the ft, some are at 50', some are for 100' +. and welding wire is rated for secondary voltage, which is generally 11-45vdc .....not 600 v .....But the wire and insulation is rated to be safe up to 600vac ....

So less than 20 ft I should be good for 350 amps ?

Cool I was running two more runs for my new triple alt setup and I dont need to now as 350 amps per is enough with the three runs I have now. You guys just made my night ! I can spend that money else where lol/
yessir. Glad to help

Welding cable is amazing. Kinda depressed that I even wasted money on Car Audio wire in the first place. But hey, gotta learn somehow. I don't even buy 8 gauge OFC car audio cable lol. I buy 6 gauge welding cable.

And disappointed that I didn't find the tinned 12 gauge marine welding cable before I bought my Knu 12 gauge OFC. But hey, they sent me 10 gauge by mistake I think so it works

So less than 20 ft I should be good for 350 amps ?
I'd say 350a minimum

Thanks. Where do you get it from?

That's the site I was browsing. Do they carry the EB brand? Or am I just blind? I'll probably buy the terminals locally from a hardware store or from the welding site, so that's good, I'm just worried I'll have trouble fitting them in CA sized distro blocks.
just got the welding cable in that I linked you. Royal Excelene

flexible enough. Wasn't even a fully tightened knot

WcIomtc.jpg

and some 6 gauge welding cable. Just as big as my old 4 awg Audio Technix wire I had

3RMiVAl.jpg

My primary run of 1/0 to the battery bank is the same orange "ultra flex" I bought from weldingsupply.com nearly 15 years ago. Unless you pick up some boutique brand cable on the cheap from a forum or closeout the online welding cable is the way to go. Much of the audio branded stuff is all show and no go. Oversized insulation or fatter looking cable that's a dubious Chinese copper alloy doesn't impress me.

My primary run of 1/0 to the battery bank is the same orange "ultra flex" I bought from weldingsupply.com nearly 15 years ago. Unless you pick up some boutique brand cable on the cheap from a forum or closeout the online welding cable is the way to go. Much of the audio branded stuff is all show and no go. Oversized insulation or fatter looking cable that's a dubious Chinese copper alloy doesn't impress me.
makes me wish I never wasted money on car audio cable in the first place

live and learn

just got the welding cable in that I linked you. Royal Excelene
flexible enough. Wasn't even a fully tightened knot

WcIomtc.jpg

and some 6 gauge welding cable. Just as big as my old 4 awg Audio Technix wire I had

3RMiVAl.jpg
That's funny, I ordered it that night and just got mine in today too. Same stuff. Smells pretty bad, for whatever reason, but I have a feeling once it airs out a bit that's will go away. I've never held 1/0 gauge CA cable, so I cant draw any comparisons, but the high strand count makes it's highly flexible. Maybe not as flexible as Knu's or SHA's, but plenty flexible to run through the car to a distro block.

I also ordered a two input, three output fused distro from Knu (link), a pair of ANL fuse holders with fuses (link) (they're DB Link brand, but they're probably from the same build house as SHA's), and some 3ft runs of 4 and 8 gauge Knu for wiring the amps from the block.

Thanks again for the link. Way better than shelling out $4/ft + $15 or $20 for shipping through Knu.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.