Weird Situation - Chrysler Speaker Connections

Participant count
  • Participant list

Swampworks

CarAudio.com Newbie
OK, this situation is kinda backward from most times.....

My son has a 2008 Jeep Wrangler. His brother got him a new pair of speakers for the roll bar for Xmas. He bought a pair of Kickers that had the Chrysler connection plugs because he figured he had stock speakers. When my son removed the existing speakers, we found out that the previous owner had installed aftermarket speakers and wires so the terminals are the quick connect blade type (on the wires). So now I am trying to connect aftermarket wires/terminals to factory speakers. (Pretty much backwards from most situations)

The speaker has a female plug terminal so I've tried to find a male end with no luck. (see the photo attached)

Does anyone have any sources for such a connector?

If not, my other thought was to solder a blade type connection to the metal tabs on each side of the connector, but I was cautious about applying too much heat. Is this method advisable?

Any other ideas?

Thanks!

speaker term 2.jpg

Soldering is fine, just pay close attention to not lose the tinsel lead itself, it will become loose when the solder is hot.

Crutchfield sells harnesses that connect to the factory plugs, otherwise you'd need to cut some off a car in a salvage yard or buy factory speakers with the plugs cut off.  Certainly, there are thousands of them people have thrown away when making changes.

Another idea is changing the speakers to aftermarket connection types, which would open up other options. 

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.