Weird problem with subwoofer&head unit

Participant count
  • Participant list
Hello everyone. So currently i have a problem with my new car, first i'll tell you my setups:

-head unit: JVC KW-XG701

-amplifier: SPL Dynamics S-2604

-subwoofer: Some JBL 1000w element.

-speakers: originals from car, connected to head unit.

Problem is that i cannot control my subwoofer output level (Called "Sub.W") from my head unit.

My head unit does have 2x RCA connectors back called "Subwoofer", my RCA's are connected there from my amplifier.

Cabling is done exactly same way that it was in my old car, where it worked (last time i used my old car is about 2 weeks). That car did have some random pioneer head unit tho. Also i don't think cabling is the issue here, atleast power/ground/remote/my rca/cables from amp to sub, should be okay.

Only way i can increase bass from subwoofer is change head unit's equalizer "bass" line, but that affects to speakers also, i don't want that,i want change my subwoofer output level separated, and there is setting for it ("SUB.W), but it doesn't do anything?

What i'm supposed to do? Amplifier is connected exactly same way as it was in my old car, where it worked flawlessly.

Here is some picture of my head unit's manual, part about amplifier and subwoofer, if that helps anyone: https://imgur.com/jmGTrfh

I know it says "Disconnect the speakers from this unit, connect them to the amplifier. Leave the speaker leads of this unis unused". I don't wanna plug my car speakers to amplifier, i want them to be directly in head unit. Is this unit so stupid that you really cannot just add subwoofer without changing the whole speakers to amplifier also? I don't wanna believe that.

Any help will be greatly appreciated! I'm losing hope :-(

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.