Lc2i and and amp+sun set up

Participant count
  • Participant list
Hello. I have a crysler 200s 2106 with the 9 speaker alpine system with factory free air sub.

I purchased these item

A custom made box with 1.15 cu ft per chamber

A pair of rockford fosgate P3D2-12

Rockville RXD-M3 4000 Watt Peak/ 2000 Watt RMS Mono Class D 1 Ohm Car Amplifier

And a lc2i

I wired everything up and it works. I will include pictures. I made a false back and spaced the amp off with led back lighting.

Here are my issues, I am. Confused on how to wire the subs, part of my confusion is I thought it was a mono amp And it may be but why did a mono amp have a left and right channel.

Since it is a dual voice coil sub. I hooked the positive to the negotive from one coil to the other than I took the positive from one coil and the positive to the other coil to one channel on the amp.

Not sure if this is the best way.

My other confusion cones from. All the settings on the amp and lc2i. I turn the bass all. The way down on the head unit but if I turn it up at all the bass comes in and out and becomes unpredictable.

Not sure where to set the low pass filter and the supersonic filter.

Thank you

Here are some pictures.
09bd823d4719847adf9f8283b3885412.jpg
a625fb2343a91a88b6c665df2cd206ac.jpg
a8f61469d0c61337a860744446429988.jpg
c0d1b20c7f3ad01dd4db782d50b663b8.jpg

Sent from my LG V30+ using Tapatalk

Hello. I have a crysler 200s 2106 with the 9 speaker alpine system with factory free air sub.
I purchased these item

A custom made box with 1.15 cu ft per chamber

A pair of rockford fosgate P3D2-12

Rockville RXD-M3 4000 Watt Peak/ 2000 Watt RMS Mono Class D 1 Ohm Car Amplifier

And a lc2i

I wired everything up and it works. I will include pictures. I made a false back and spaced the amp off with led back lighting.

Here are my issues, I am. Confused on how to wire the subs, part of my confusion is I thought it was a mono amp And it may be but why did a mono amp have a left and right channel.

Since it is a dual voice coil sub. I hooked the positive to the negotive from one coil to the other than I took the positive from one coil and the positive to the other coil to one channel on the amp.

Not sure if this is the best way.

My other confusion cones from. All the settings on the amp and lc2i. I turn the bass all. The way down on the head unit but if I turn it up at all the bass comes in and out and becomes unpredictable.

Not sure where to set the low pass filter and the supersonic filter.

Thank you
Okay, so you need to wire the voice coils of each sub together or wire all 4 coils if your after a 1 ohm final impedance, in your case where you have 2 speaker outputs on your amp, it's actually 1 divided into 2 to make it simple for people running multiple subs such as now. If your after 2 ohm final impedance then you wire the coils on each sub seperately to give you 2 final outputs of 2 ohms an then give each sub its own channel.
Sent from my MHA-L09 using Tapatalk

Is your SSF a switch or a Dial?

If your box is vented, u flip switch to on position (it is advised) if you have a dial, set it to 60-80hz

If your box is sealed, leave switch in off position. If you have a dial put it as same as above.

Well I am not sure what impedance I am. After to tell you the truth. I

---------- Post added at 12:35 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:34 PM ----------

Is your SSF a switch or a Dial?
If your box is vented, u flip switch to on position (it is advised) if you have a dial, set it to 60-80hz

If your box is sealed, leave switch in off position. If you have a dial put it as same as above.

Sealed box and ssf is a dial.Thanks

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.