Weird problem, bass cuts off randomly

Participant count
  • Participant list

FurbiesAndBeans
10+ year member

CarAudio.com Elite
Corona, CA
So this started about 1 1/2 weeks ago. What happens is that when the volume is low, the subwoofers won't even play, or they'll play for a while and cut off. But when i turn up the volume, the subwoofers start playing without cutting off at all. Strangely the same thing is happening with my HT set up. I thought it was the ipod being weird but i changed it to the CD player and it still does it.

I've checked everything, the amp is powering fine, the LOC is all plugged in. Then i thought it was my amp so i changed that, but still the problem's there. I even tried switching the subs for my dads set up and it still does it (different amp and sub).

I have no idea what it could be, any help?

Here's what i have at the moment:

Stock Radio

PAC LOC - Mazda One

Knu KLMX 4 gauge wiring kit

Directed 1100D

10" L7

Had this problem for a while.. But in a different manner. Turning it up made the subs play, but after a while, it would completely cut off regardless.

I guessed loose connections, and the higher signal strength helped keep it playing? Just a guess though. Sounds like the LOC out of anything, since that's the only thing not being swapped. And it's unlikely a problem with the stock radio.

Just throwing out things to check.

Had this problem for a while.. But in a different manner. Turning it up made the subs play, but after a while, it would completely cut off regardless.
I guessed loose connections, and the higher signal strength helped keep it playing? Just a guess though. Sounds like the LOC out of anything, since that's the only thing not being swapped. And it's unlikely a problem with the stock radio.

Just throwing out things to check.
Yea i think it's the LOC too, maybe it wont stay on with a low voltage? I'm not sure. I think my rear speakers are going out and that might have something to do (LOC is using the rear speakers output)

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.