Weird noise...not engine noise

Participant count
  • Participant list

Fightingeagle12
10+ year member

At first I though this was just normal engine noise, but it doesn't stop when i turn off the car or get louder when I accelerate. I have seperate switches for each amp and the noise only occurs when i turn on the subwoofer amp. I did some work to get ride of the engine noise i had before, which is now gone, but no i get a high pitced squeel and random random pitch changes that sound like music from a horrible sci-fi movie. I was already thinking of adding a dedicated power wire from the battery to the turn-on for the amp...not sure if that would help much though. I don't know how turning on the subwoofer causes funny noise to come out of the speakers though?

i pulled out my Hercules which was causing the noise and replaced it with my old kenwood which is rated similar, but in reality is weaker and the noise went away...i had considered a bad ground, but why would it go away with swapping the amp?

Have you used the same size ground wire as the supply wire??I would relocate to a better ground..Scrape down to bare metal, put a bolt in with,washer,then terminal/ground wire connection, then another washer, and head of bolt covers all for solid ground connection.. need locate a solid grounding point first.. like trunk, i usually look at the spare tire mount down and alot of times I utilize that with a nut, washer,connection/terminal, then another washer,and nut.to sandwhich all together, then i put spare tire mount back in place a screw it back in place..Yet.. check your ground,make sure its bare metal..May have to relocate/possibly use larger ground wire as well??//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/biggrin.gif.d71a5d36fcbab170f2364c9f2e3946cb.gif

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.