Not impressed at all kicker

JoshC

The Taco MASTA
Houston, tx
So i went back to my parents house the other weekend and decieded to pull a kicker SK80 bass station a friend had given to me out. Never actaully got the chance to jam it so i figured ide get bored and play with it.

Hooked it up 150rms @ 4ohm via RF P6002, and it sounds like a tiny dog.... Lol by that i mean it had little to no bark, deff no bite.....

I thought when kicker was all USA there products were bangin? This is not the case, is it the stillwater box or just a baby 8?? Its Fq range isnt bad but anything below 40Hz sounds hollow

View attachment 26528298 View attachment 26528299 View attachment 26528300 View attachment 26528301

mylows10

B2,singer,ampere rep
5,000+ posts
10+ year member
monterey , ca
could have told you that

OP
J

JoshC

The Taco MASTA
Houston, tx
lol it was just sitting in my garage so i figured what the hell, why not bring it home. Would it do better in a diff box or is it not even worth the effort lol

OP
J

JoshC

The Taco MASTA
Houston, tx
that box is horrible
Lol i thought it may be the box. I pulled the sub out and it looked like it should give nice lil thumps, nice thick magnet(for a tiny 8in) and not very shallow

OP
J

JoshC

The Taco MASTA
Houston, tx
So would it be worth it to make a nice lil sealed box for it?

slim2fattycake

rolling right along
10+ year member
In the Stars
firing direction and listening position will have a lot to do with it...

• Haha
Reactions: smgreen20

mylows10

B2,singer,ampere rep
5,000+ posts
10+ year member
monterey , ca
you can try

Louisiana_CRX

dem shoes......
5,000+ posts
10+ year member
try plugging the port...Kicker use to send port plugs for those boxes back in the day...i always thought they sounded better sealed....they were tuned really high

• Haha
Reactions: JoshC

SourDeez

CarAudio.com Veteran
10+ year member
Fuqy u
Kicker is THE best sub, ever, period. Game over, gg, ttyl. Doesn't even matter what model, they are all the best.

• Haha
Reactions: r0llinlacs

Louisiana_CRX

dem shoes......
5,000+ posts
10+ year member
Yeah but I like me some old school kicker subs. Kicker was good shiz back in the 80s.
i have a lot of old school kicker stuff in the for sale section most is minty new or like new

OP
J

JoshC

The Taco MASTA
Houston, tx
In the car i was actaully holding my hand over the port and thinking.... this sounds better hahahahha i may open it up and screw a back plate to the port hole... need to see what kind of space these 8's like sealed though. Any suggestions? If i need to reduce space ill prob just glue some wood in there or sum crap haha

Create account or login to post/reply

You must be a member in order to post a message.

Create account

Register now to post new messages.

Already have an account? Log in here.