weird battery situation

Participant count
  • Participant list

Beatin'
10+ year member

CarAudio.com Elite
MI
I have 3 batts paralleled together. 1 under the hood, 2 in the trunk.

Whether I use a charger or have the car running, the multimeter shows over 14v for the battery under the hood, but like 13.x for the batts in the trunk. The battery charger I have on boost mode, the battery under the hood shows charging at nearly 15v, while the ones on the back are charging at like 13.5-13.8.

What is going on? Too long of a power wire to the back? Bad ground? I don't understand, it was fine all summer, then I had to take it to a shop for engine trouble. 2 months later I get the car back and the batteries weren't fully charged, been sitting in the lot for a while. Sound system kept reducing volume because of low voltage I assume. So I charged the batts and things got better, but after a few days, back to the same problem.

I'm guessing the batteries in the trunk are in bad shape. I spent days desulfurizing them months ago before I put them in because they were sitting in the garage for over 4-5 years without being charged. Maybe the 2 months the car was sitting at the shop caused sulfurization again. Or could it be something else? I dont know....🤷‍♂️

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...