Amp hook-up advice

CtrlAltDel

CarAudio.com Newbie
I'm looking for advice on how to install this new amp. It's a BOSS AUDIO PT100 2 channel amp. Specs from Amazon follows:

Class A/B Full Range 2-Channel, MOSFET Power Supply
1000 Watts @2-Ohms Max Power
375 Watts x 2 RMS @2-Ohms
High and Low Level Inputs
Variable High Pass Crossover
Variable Low Pass Crossover
Bridgeable, Bass Boost
Power - 500 Watts Max x 2 @2-Ohms, 250 Watts Max x 2 @4-Ohms, 1000 Watts Max x 1 Bridged @4 Ohms

I'm hooking it up to two JL Audio 8w3v3 4 ohm subs to play the 250-80 hz range. The subs are rated for a max 250 watts.

I'm trying to figure out the best configuration I should use. Here's the options I can figure out so far and what the outcomes would be.

Bridged in parallel or series?
Bridged it can push 750W @ 2ohm, 375 @ 4ohm, and 187W @ 8ohm. Hooking up in series would give me 8ohm and 187W to both speakers. Parallel would be 2ohm, 750W and too much power.

Go straight left and right speakers?
Then again, looking at 4ohm each terminal and 187W to each playing in stereo.

Run the audio RCAs from the JL Audio 500/1 slash monoblock output to the BOSS in mono and run the 8w3s in parallel off the left or right terminal instead of bridged.
This is the one I'm think of most because I would have 2ohm load and 375 going to each, and I can just turn the gain down.

But I also am looking for quality not sound pressure. I'm also running a 13w3v3 playing everything below 80hz, instead of a 12w6 because the 13 has much better lows. The component speakers are all pioneers running off the original JL 300/4 amp. I'm just replacing the amp that was powering the 8s and didn't want to drop $300-400 on another amp right now.

Any advice on wiring is welcome. Advice on different amps or speakers, not helpful.

Thank you in advance.

Yeah, probably going to return it. Barely powers the speakers with gain up to full.

And crossover doesn't seem to work right. With full crossover set to play from 50 to 250hz, I can hear a lot of high freq sounds. With just LP set to 250hz it doesn't happen. But full crossover set with HP at 50hz too, I hear a lot of sounds I don't think I should be hearing.

Is this right?

And what would you recommend for an amp? Need to power two subs at 4ohms each with 250rms. I'm looking at Hertz.

Yeah, probably going to return it. Barely powers the speakers with gain up to full.

And crossover doesn't seem to work right. With full crossover set to play from 50 to 250hz, I can hear a lot of high freq sounds. With just LP set to 250hz it doesn't happen. But full crossover set with HP at 50hz too, I hear a lot of sounds I don't think I should be hearing.

Is this right?

And what would you recommend for an amp? Need to power two subs at 4ohms each with 250rms. I'm looking at Hertz.
I like Alpine for low power stuff.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...