Waterproof speaker grills?

I want waterproof covers or grills, as the title suggests. My front speaker have never had water over them, but if there is a product available, I would buy it.

You don't have to lecture me about doing things easily. On my 4x4, I have upgraded the engine, transmission (twice), transfer case, front axle, rear axle, et cetera. Point is that I know that good things take blood, sweat, and tears, but I also know that there are products out there to make things easier, and that's what I'm looking for.

Please don't question my intent or abilities.

Didn't question your abilities, at all. You can achieve the closest thing to waterproof as possible. It's just going to take some work. Not letting water in, but still letting sound out at the same time, is impossible.

Tell me you weren't being rude by saying "that there Hydrophobic spray", and follow it up with an explanation that we gun-lovin', hillbilly, simple folk can understand.

You sound upset that I countered the other response by informing you that material can repel water AND allow air to pass through it, so it sounds like you are upset because I provided facts that make you rethink generic responses, and that caused you to lash out.

You are ******* delusional.

This **** has been explained to you a few times now yet you still haven't gotten it through your head.

God damn hillbilly simple folk.....

I have infinity reference coax speakers on my 4 wheeler. They have been through plenty of mud and water. As well as pressure washing. They still play fine. When they finally mess up I'll buy something else, but these were free so no loss when they finally mess up.
I have full coverage mesh grills, they seem to stop most of the mud from actually hitting the speaker. They do get plenty wet though. My amp is inside my front box and sealed from the elements. Could be submerged and be fine.

Not to thread Jack, but I would like to run 4-15's in my Prius on stock electrical and a one cubic foot ported box (tuned to 28hz) with an 8,000 watt amp in my ashtray. I don't smoke, so, I don't use my ashtray. I'm looking for SQ and SPL. I listen to music from Gospel to Gangsta rap. Any help would be appreciated! It must have extreme lows and still hit the high notes.

Not to thread Jack, but I would like to run 4-15's in my Prius on stock electrical and a one cubic foot ported box (tuned to 28hz) with an 8,000 watt amp in my ashtray. I don't smoke, so, I don't use my ashtray. I'm looking for SQ and SPL. I listen to music from Gospel to Gangsta rap. Any help would be appreciated! It must have extreme lows and still hit the high notes.
So far removed from my topic that only your buddies will get it.

Please stop replying to my post if you don't have an answer to my post.

Didn't question your abilities, at all. You can achieve the closest thing to waterproof as possible. It's just going to take some work. Not letting water in, but still letting sound out at the same time, is impossible.
Please explain how air filters are impossible then, as i referred to earlier.

Please explain how air filters are impossible then, as i referred to earlier.

Air filters aren't waterproof either. I have a wrap for my cold air intake air filter when it's raining. Put your speakers inside of an air filter and see how good it sounds. Then, submerge them in water and see how they do. This thread is tired. Mount marine grade detachable speakers up high and call it the day.

So far removed from my topic that only your buddies will get it.

Please stop replying to my post if you don't have an answer to my post.

Your thread is tired. The question has been answered a hundred ways already. Mount marine grade detachable speakers up high and call it the day. Otherwise, surround your speakers with air filters and see how it sounds and works when it gets wet.

Air filters aren't waterproof either. I have a wrap for my cold air intake air filter when it's raining. Put your speakers inside of an air filter and see how good it sounds. Then, submerge them in water and see how they do. This thread is tired. Mount marine grade detachable speakers up high and call it the day.

Tell me more about your cold air intake. Does your intake/wrap let water through? Does your wrap let air through, but not water? Is sound moving air, but not necessarily water? You are proving my point without realizing it. AIR IS A FLUID. WATER IS A LIQUID. ALL LIQUIDS ARE FLUID, BUT NOT ALL FLUIDS ARE LIQUID. Gases have smaller molecules than liguids, generally speaking...

I'll repeat; please stop replying to my thread if you don't have an answer to my question. I emphasize PLEASE. I'm here for advice, not to argue. I don't want to hear that it can't be done; I'm here to learn how it CAN be done.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.