Waterproof speaker grills?

Tell me more about your cold air intake. Does your intake/wrap let water through? Does your wrap let air through, but not water? Is sound moving air, but not necessarily water? You are proving my point without realizing it. AIR IS A FLUID. WATER IS A LIQUID. ALL LIQUIDS ARE FLUID, BUT NOT ALL FLUIDS ARE LIQUID. Gases have smaller molecules than liguids, generally speaking...

I'll repeat; please stop replying to my thread if you don't have an answer to my question. I emphasize PLEASE. I'm here for advice, not to argue. I don't want to hear that it can't be done; I'm here to learn how it CAN be done.

I do have an answer. Just like everybody else on here. What you are trying to accomplish is physically impossible. Sound waves would get interrupted. Mount detachable speakers up high and protect your amp. Treat your **** like a boat. There is a reason why submarines don't have exterior speakers. Do your best and good luck. Try wrapping them in a K&N foam filter. Quit dragging up this shitty post, please.

Not to thread Jack, but I would like to run 4-15's in my Prius on stock electrical and a one cubic foot ported box (tuned to 28hz) with an 8,000 watt amp in my ashtray. I don't smoke, so, I don't use my ashtray. I'm looking for SQ and SPL. I listen to music from Gospel to Gangsta rap. Any help would be appreciated! It must have extreme lows and still hit the high notes.
You would probably provide a more factual answer to this post than you provided me.

Angle the speakers down and make a grill that have louvres that are level. Similar to how a mini blind can be seen out of but doesn’t let light enter the room. Not water proof, but it would limit how much water hits the speaker. Any water that happens to get in would at least not stay On it long.

You would probably provide a more factual answer to this post than you provided me.

My cold air intake. Note, it doesn't throw out high quality sound.
20200105_172404.jpg
20200105_172416.jpg

Detachable marine grade speakers mounted overhead. Mount amp in an aluminum box with a louvered top. Run all wiring inside the tubing of the chassis. If it's raining or you are washing your ride, then, detach the speakers. Done. Drop the mic!

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.