Good choice?

Participant count
  • Participants list

cbuts
10+ year member

CarAudio.com Elite
Hey guys 2019 ram classic 1500 crew cab.

Recently ordered JBL stadium gto 960 components.. my installer said they didn't fit well and instead insisted I order some Kenwood Exelon Dr 1800 and said he has some tweeters for me.

Looking at the specs the JBL seem louder? Better specs?

Was my first choice a better louder option? I told him I want loud and this set is pretty much the same RMS as my last one .

I want LOUD. Did I make a decent choice with the kenwoods ?

Thanks

Last edited:
Hey guys 2019 ram classic 1500 crew cab.

Recently ordered JBL stadium gto 960 components.. my installer said they didn't fit well and instead insisted I order some Kenwood Exelon Dr 1800 and said he has some tweeters for me.

Looking at the specs the JBL seem louder? Better specs?

Was my first choice a better louder option? I told him I want loud and this set is pretty much the same RMS as my last one .

I want LOUD. Did I make a decent choice with the kenwoods ?

Thanks

is your truck factory? new aftermarket
Speakers alone will
Not likely make your sound louder

did you mean xr or dr?

Sorry, your other post was more of what is needed to give input. Those knewoods are coaxials if I looked correctly so there’s a tweeter already built in. The gto960c is a Comp set with a passive crossove and separate tweeter driver. The jbls run 2 ohms the Kenwood run 4 ohm. The sensitivity on the jbls is 94 and 86 for the Kenwood coaxials. The jbl’s will have better imaging as it will bring the tweeter up higher toward your face.

maybe I looked up the wrong thing or your installer has some strange plan but the two things i looked at are not apples to apples

Sorry, your other post was more of what is needed to give input. Those knewoods are coaxials if I looked correctly so there’s a tweeter already built in. The gto960c is a Comp set with a passive crossove and separate tweeter driver. The jbls run 2 ohms the Kenwood run 4 ohm. The sensitivity on the jbls is 94 and 86 for the Kenwood coaxials. The jbl’s will have better imaging as it will bring the tweeter up higher toward your face.

maybe I looked up the wrong thing or your installer has some strange plan but the two things i looked at are not apples to apples
Thanks for the reply bud 🙂
Yes you are correct, but we are also going to add a tweeter alongside the coaxial, that is what he said anyways . Would this make it better in that sense ? It's a bit confusing to myself so I'm just wondering if he made me downgrade a bit instead from what I originally picked .
I've already ordered the kenwoods and plan to return the jbl, I guess I'm looking for a bit of relief on the situation lol

If it were me on the options you picked I’d put in the jbl Comp set it has crossovers that are actually designed for the drivers. The coaxials and separate tweeter thing on two channels sounds bootleg and less than ideal for imaging and distribution of power.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.