Want to Rid Trunk Rattles but not Insulate sound

stevo1988
10+ year member

Canada
I want to prevent all the rattles on my trunk lid and other parts in the trunk (so that you dont hear embarassing rattles from outside the car) but options like Dynamat are too expensive for my budget and i also do NOT want to insulate the sound...i still want to disturb the peace in my neighbourhood...how can i keep the bass travelling out of the car AND get rid of the rattles? could packing foam work?

use stuff like dynamat, and then use areo ports and drill holes through your trunk to outside your car, and insert them there. so its like one big ported box.
i was thinking of drilling a huge port to vent my trunk through the decklid into the passenger compartment, if that will relieve pressure in the trunk and make the bass louder in the car then im doing it for sure

Then you just wasted $130 of your money because fatmat is ****
i kind of disagree...its by not stretch the best, but when applied correctly, it seems to function extremely well, in the applications i have seen...plus it's what im using in my setup...

YAH DISTRUBING THE PEACE!!!! Your so cool, ur my hero. I "DON'T" hope you stuff get's stolen.
calm down dude, i live in a town of almost 4000 people lol

if anything gets stolen u'll be the first i'll tell :p

does anyone know if this will fix most or maybe even all my trunk lid rattles?

decklidport.png

i just reread it...and shame on me for not paying attention the first time

your retarded //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/fyi.gif.9f1f679348da7204ce960cfc74bca8e0.gif

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.