Want to Rid Trunk Rattles but not Insulate sound

thanks for the help 2 posts up, not like with my budget subwoofers im going to be "pissin people off" i was trying to get the point across that i DONT want to seal the sound INSIDE the trunk just to get rid of the rattles...if you want to say stuff like that then post somewhere else, i asked for help, not to be called retarded

thanks ugs92

as for the idea of venting my trunk, i bought new 6x9s so im definately gonna have to drill, i suppose i can test out my theory by taking them out of the holes to see if maybe the vents will releave pressure in the trunk causing the lid to rattle. i just didnt want to spend all kinds of money on mats that are just going to seal all the sound inside my trunk where i clearly am not...right? lol

put cement in the the trunk to wieght it down so it wont rattle even though its stupid that you WANT to make sure people hear you outside

i asked for help, not to be called retarded.
im glad you've moved on to acceptance. what you have is a disease, it affects 3 out of every 100 people. you my friend are one of the unlucky ones. what you have is what the civilized world calls "mental retardation." im not calling you retarded, im saying, you ARE retarded.

unless you never want to open your trunk again its impossible

However, if you never want to open your trunk, you could just take like industrial grade tie downs and attach them to your trunk lid and floor and ratchet them *****es as tight as they will go from inside the trunk.

Hopefully, you dont have a sealed trunk or you are dead and thats just one more n00bx i pwnd:naughty:

There's a huge difference between stopping rattles and keeping the sound in the car (not in the trunk) and making sure you disturb the peace. You stereo is for you, inside the car. There are noise ordinances because of inconsiderate pricks like you who insist that everyone else should be forced to listen to whatever they are listening to. These laws then get enfored on the rest of us and give our hobby a bad name. If you come into a forum that relates to a hobby that a lot of people are passionate about and ask advice on how you can use the hobby to annoy others to the eventual detriment of us all, expect to get treated harshly. You deserve it.

i dont know what its like for you but where i live, you hear it alot and no1 really complains, i dont live somewhere with alot of people, at this time especially you hear much louder sounds from all the 5.0L mustangs zippin around and harleys...the laws may be strict for you but it isnt here and i used that term "disturbing the peace" as a figure of speech, clearly i do not have the budget to "disturb the peace" nearly as much as the people around here who actually have loud systems, maybe i just worded it wrong and you took me a little to literally, all i really meant was i dont want to contain all my sound to my trunk since the driver seat is not in the trunk...i want to be able to hear my music while still fixing the rattles...im sorry if it sounded like i was infringing on your hobby...its my hobby too and frankly its not like i can listen to my music loud enough to "disturb the peace" long enough to even do it...understand? just a communicational error

Proper sound deadening will keep the sound in the car. Plenty loud in the cabin but not heard more than a handful of feet from the car. Keeping the sound in the car and stopping the trunk from rattling are the same goal. Deaden the trunk and then vent the trunk into the cabin.

how does dynamat work exactly? it looks so thin. if i were to get a few sheets of the xtreme dynamat, applying it directly to the areas that rattle or vibrate, it will fix it?

i dont know what its like for you but where i live, you hear it alot and no1 really complains, i dont live somewhere with alot of people, at this time especially you hear much louder sounds from all the 5.0L mustangs zippin around and harleys...the laws may be strict for you but it isnt here and i used that term "disturbing the peace" as a figure of speech, clearly i do not have the budget to "disturb the peace" nearly as much as the people around here who actually have loud systems, maybe i just worded it wrong and you took me a little to literally, all i really meant was i dont want to contain all my sound to my trunk since the driver seat is not in the trunk...i want to be able to hear my music while still fixing the rattles...im sorry if it sounded like i was infringing on your hobby...its my hobby too and frankly its not like i can listen to my music loud enough to "disturb the peace" long enough to even do it...understand? just a communicational error
ok i understand you want them to hear you comin... but thats not a good thing in good car audio installations... the more soundwaves you have outside the car, the less you have inside... some of these EXTREMELY loud competition setups aren't that loud outside with all the doors closed, wanting loud bass outside is like wanting bad quality music inside... there is not much of a compromise... my suggestion is dynamat your truck, try to find and fix any major rattles and put down the windows when you want to bump

i can get dynamat for a decent price...but it still aint cheap, does anyone have any pointers or helpful hints? so i dont waste my money on sheets that i f**ed up lol

all i really meant was i dont want to contain all my sound to my trunk since the driver seat is not in the trunk...i want to be able to hear my music while still fixing the rattles...
so your seat is outside the car?

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.