wanna see guts of apsm-1500

my setup is not designed to play 25hz. thats why i didnt review that low. we tested 34hz which is on the low end of the normal music freq range. how much more straight do you need than that? so if it does well at 25hz the next will be so how well does it do at 20hz. it will just go on and on.
And why didn't you just say that to start with? If you aren't designed to play that low that's all you had to say...

it can play that low but its not designed to peak that low. if you are designed to peak that low its not musical at all. so to make an arguement about how something plays where .05% of music goes is the rediculous to say the least

it can play that low but its not designed to peak that low. if you are designed to peak that low its not musical at all. so to make an arguement about how something plays where .05% of music goes is the rediculous to say the least
yeah but i rebass my own songs, so i can have whatever frequency in whatever song.

i mean really the only way to know if it plays well that low is to just get one yourself and see if it does. your setup is different than everyone else so because 1 person may be able to pick up that low someone else may not. i have songs that drop that low and it plays it so i dunno exactly what you need to know of how well it plays it. because i turn subsonic off. subs are in a 4th order tuned to 45hz. car peaks at 40hz. sealed up the car doesnt drop as low as well as it does door open. like i said so many variables that the only way it can be tested is if someone does it themselves and see if they achieve what they are going for. if not sell it. i know plenty of people that would buy it up.

i mean really the only way to know if it plays well that low is to just get one yourself and see if it does. your setup is different than everyone else so because 1 person may be able to pick up that low someone else may not. i have songs that drop that low and it plays it so i dunno exactly what you need to know of how well it plays it. because i turn subsonic off. subs are in a 4th order tuned to 45hz. car peaks at 40hz. sealed up the car doesnt drop as low as well as it does door open. like i said so many variables that the only way it can be tested is if someone does it themselves and see if they achieve what they are going for. if not sell it. i know plenty of people that would buy it up.
Yeah i hear ya man. Just gonna have to test it myself and see. Hell I could probably sell it locally on CL for more than i paid, people in my city are dumb when it comes to car audio lol.

He posted a video of scoping the amp and another video of clamping the amp. He did not post a video of him scoping the amp while clamping it.
Can't do em both.

third honestly why do people get so butt hurt over a review on a 120$ amplifier that they never plan on using? no real need to say anything until you have got one yourself and did your own testing. not "i think i know what im talking about but since i dont have one i dont"

good ol car audio .com at its finest.
Fucking this.

I heard the APSM-1300 didn't too well below 25 hz, do you know if the 1500 is the same way?
"I heard"

Wow, out to attacking already? Really? I posted illegitimately and you do nothing but complain and suggest I am "but hurt". I am sorry you feel that way but perhaps you have it twisted on what is being suggested/said in this thread.
However, I will not quote or post back to you in this thread unless you can at least have a civil discussion with the need for suggesting any negativity in your posts. It only makes you look worse with out even having a debate.

As per your "warm/hot" please reread your post on the last page and see what I said per your post. If you want to start writing reviews then by all means do so, but be careful with what you say and how you say it. It will be taken the wrong way every time and thus paint a bad light on any product you review do to faulty information.

Just for the record, i do not mean you any disrespect at all. I'm just speaking from experience and issues I have had to over come in the past.
If you're so unhappy with the review, drop a whopping $125 and get one. I did. We all did. Everyone did but the people complaining about the review.

idk? i love the "i heard"
I heard if you build a ****** box that nothing will do well below 25hz.

i heard if the subsonic is too high that it wont play very low.

i know **** well that my apsm's DESTROYED below 25hz. i had 2 of them on 8 sa10s and i could slam as low as i could possibly find music. but thats what I "heard" from my setup.

honestly whos gives a **** what it does below 25hz its a 120$ amplifier. there is WAY WAY too many variables when trying to get output at a freq that low. maybe whomever said "it doesnt put out below 25hz" maybe they had an impedence rise of like 4ohm. of course it wouldnt put out because there is no power.

just my .02
People really are getting butthurt about you being crass. Y U SO RUDE HANK?!

This is why I don't like asking questions when other people post "reviews". You are not always given a direct answer. Oh well, maybe one of these will find their way into my possession.
As stated above.. dig the change out of your couch cushions and buy one. This isn't a **** 10k.

Yar. From my experience its always been up to the box, not the amp.

i thank you Hank for testing this amp out for the people. most people have too much hate because there amp cost more its better, not always true...

What I find funny is that instead of having a conversation I just get hate because I look at things differently then most. Oh well, what can you do as with this hobby the age of the majority of participants stay the same over the years. You would think I would have learned that I expect to much long ago haha.

Well, it was fun while it lasted.

failure thread lmao even splaudio is talkin dumb on here saddness
why you say this because you dont understand class d power is class d power? i will put any amount of $ down you couldnt hear the diff between a ap 1500rms clamped power vrs 1500rms zenon clamped power both class D.

i thank you Hank for testing this amp out for the people. most people have too much hate because there amp cost more its better, not always true...
Don't confuse what I am saying with hate or being upset(not directed at you SPL, you know my position already). I could care less what product A/B/C can do or what products others run for the most part. I do offer up my opinions from time to time but I have even drew back that as much. The reason being is that these debates over amps (or anything in mobile electronics) are had every year all year and no matter what any test is not a valid test for everyone do the variables from one install to the next. That is the nature of mobile electronics.

I will say this, the part I care about is if the owners of what ever it is are happy. If so, then great. If not then move on. If you can not take some one asking questions about a review/test then perhaps you should not write reviews though. Part of doing them is Q&A on forums or other media.

In many cases a Q&A session should be had prior to testing to ensure what you test will cover the majority of what people are wanting to know. Other wise it is just a hey look at this sort of thing.

---------- Post added at 09:25 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:24 AM ----------

dont worry Rabbit i still love ya //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/cuddle.gif.bd1b29c179c0482f8313dbd790b74c94.gif
you are also an old man..so it is ok //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/fro.gif.c695f1f814b01c4ad99fe7f8cccadd29.gif

why you say this because you dont understand class d power is class d power? i will put any amount of $ down you couldnt hear the diff between a ap 1500rms clamped power vrs 1500rms zenon clamped power both class D.
no I agree with everything u said but the statement about compressed music. When a song is made into an mp3 the low end is not effected everything above 20k is cut off not compressed now I no that will mess up some high end but it won't effect bass. I know some kicks are brought at around 4k or 6k but that's not effected by making a song into an mp3

What can we do about this challenge. I would like to take you up on it as you didn't say anything about defeating their on board EQ/Crossover features which will allow a difference in sound itself. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/up2something.gif.dd110ecf3ae4b76050d87598f2f8de7c.gif

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.