well...fisrt comp of the season was yesterday

bgowdy
5,000+ posts

Heroes are remembered, but legends never die
i used the bb2400.1 yesterday for the comp. i was having a problem tho but i think we figured it.

not sure 100% but im oretty sure. i was in the lane competing and all the sudden my voltmeter goes crazy and amp is barley playing so for my first instinct is to shut on vehicle. i restart the truck and amp my voltmeter is showing 10.1volts while truck is running. so right off i check the alt and its reading 14.5v(normal), the i check the back batts and both read 14.5vnormal), however the amp voltage is reading 10.1v(WTF). i ran for a min and it got back to showing 14.5v at amp. so i tried again after checking wiring. and it shut down again and showed 10.1v. im thinking the problem was i had a double sided fuse block(holds 2 anls) ran to my amp with 1 250 amp fuse. we figured it wasnt getting a good connect there and we removed it after i got out of the lane from my run and we removed it. then we held a multi-meter on amp terminals and i ran it wide open to test it and it never shut down again with out the block being connected so i gess im not going to use a fuse. and the guy that had the block before said it was a sh1ty one(yea i know he could have said somthing before)........ anyone else had a problem from a fuse block connection or block just being sh1ty one?

thats wat said. i did notice the fuse holder was pretty hot wen took cover off, and yea its crazy. i removed it and did the exact same thing tested amp terminals

everything checked out fine with out the block. like i we tested everything seperate. alt showed 14.5, front batt & back 2 batts all showed 14.5, the amp showed

10.1. pretty much anyone that asked what happened and i explained, they were like, ?????? wtf????

That's why I don't run fuses anymore when competing they have cost me 1st place a couple of times but unless you are extremely knowledgeable and confident in your install I have to suggest running them though.

Depending on how much you value you your car I would rock a fuse a holder. I mean.. loose a first place or burn a vehicle to the ground. When I first started I was using a P.O.S schoche distro block completely unfesed. it would get so hot it would get soft (the plastic on the outside).

dude if im not mistakn it was a P.O.S. schoche dual distro block... im not home right now but im like 99.9% sure it is a schoche

That's why I don't run fuses anymore when competing they have cost me 1st place a couple of times but unless you are extremely knowledgeable and confident in your install I have to suggest running them though.
im very confident. since i re ran all wire and got my big 3 done, this has never happened. i had another fuse block there before with different amp and never had a problem out of it. this is the 1st time this has happened.

this....

Did we get a score even with the issues??
yea... a horrible one... and i didnt want to buy back i was a bit pissed but i decided not to even bother with it.... dude when you gonna trade me that A7 lol

yea... a horrible one... and i didnt want to buy back i was a bit pissed but i decided not to even bother with it.... dude when you gonna trade me that A7 lol 

---------- Post added at 08:33 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:32 AM ----------

yea like a 132.7db lmafo.....
Need 3k u get that and then we can talk..

---------- Post added at 08:33 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:32 AM ----------

yea like a 132.7db lmafo.....
Need 3k u get that and then we can talk..

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.