Walk-through < 8 15's

so, you couldnt do a 16 volt system with just one alt. charging at 16 volts (i know it will be technically charging at more then this)?
No you cannot, Unless you can configure a way the vehicles brain sees a 14v charge then yes. You have to realize the pigtail connectors in your factory alt control the entire ECM of your vehicle. If that sees 16v, say buh-bye.

I was very impressed with your last install, (if I could get that kind of output in my car id be happy) but this looks insane, congrats on getting back on your feet and getting this rolling. Staying tuned //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/biggrin.gif.d71a5d36fcbab170f2364c9f2e3946cb.gif

I was very impressed with your last install, (if I could get that kind of output in my car id be happy) but this looks insane, congrats on getting back on your feet and getting this rolling. Staying tuned //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/biggrin.gif.d71a5d36fcbab170f2364c9f2e3946cb.gif
Ya, thanks bro! Losing the last job was tough. Moved back in with parents till I get a little more money in the bank.

Last setup was pretty intense for me. if this makes me sick from sitting in it, I will be content for a while.

got some specs on the enclosure: size, tuning, etc...?
Might cause an avalanche in the Rockies with that thing when it's done...
Enclosure is roughly 55 cubes, set tuning i believe is around 28hz. I did not design it so I dont know the in depth specifics.

steel frame for the box or just layers of mdf?
still pondering the idea of 1/4" square tubing.. With multiple layers of oak and hdf, I dont feel a steel frame is uber necassary. Maybe if I decide to do 12 15's in the future.

still pondering the idea of 1/4" square tubing.. With multiple layers of oak and hdf, I dont feel a steel frame is uber necassary. Maybe if I decide to do 12 15's in the future.
weight and cost. yeah welding might take a little longer but then you dont have to use as many layers

weight and cost. yeah welding might take a little longer but then you dont have to use as many layers
true, at the moment, I dont have enough access to a welder to want to make an attempt at it. Not to mention my welding skills need a little brushing up.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.