VW system help!

I've got a 2005.5 VW JETTA 2.5 MKV fully loaded and a kenwood ddx419 double din. Cannot wait to hook up my system but I need some help so I don't cause problems. My amp is an Alpine mrp-m2000 very nice powerful efficient amp but my problem is my stock charging system. Looking for any help or solutions. I believe my stock alt is 140 amp wich is a pretty big stock alt but I know it's probably not enough for 2000 watts rms.... I plan on running 0 gauge wire and upgrading all my charging systems wireing. Is there any way I can just turn my gain down or wire a second battery to help? High output alt for my car seems to be $770! Any advice would be sweet ASAP! Thanks guys

If you're worried about the alt why not look for a used HO alt since you seem to be stapped for funds. You've got to pay to play and be practical. I have a used Power Bastard 240A that came out of a MK4 GTi yours for $250.

If you're worried about the alt why not look for a used HO alt since you seem to be stapped for funds. You've got to pay to play and be practical. I have a used Power Bastard 240A that came out of a MK4 GTi yours for $250.
was your mk4 a 2.0 gas? if op isnt interested i might scoop this up

was your mk4 a 2.0 gas? if op isnt interested i might scoop this up
VR6 although it's universal it's been modified to fit a VW with the correct adjustable bracket. I didn't mention you pay to ship from 95121.

A side by side comparison with my new Mechman 370A on the right and Power Bastard 240A on the left.

IMG_0036_zps7c2af39c.jpg

IMG_0035_zps93d0f9d0.jpg

IMG_0033_zpse3f124bb.jpg

you could always get it beefed up. contact Michael singer. he's amazing with alternators and he offered to bump my stock 110 up to 220 for just 300 bucks.. plus he has a lifetime warrAnty and the best customer service you'll find. get that and two xs batteries at/around 1k each. one for the hood and one in the back. that'll do you fine

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.