refurb amp

Participant count
  • Participant list
Could someone please link me to a good place to get refurbed amps? I am mainly aiming towards sundown, soundqubed and possibly crescendo... My goal is to get an amp with ratings around 12.8v tho I will be upgrading electrical. I checked out SSA and found an saz1200 for around 289, but would like maybe 1500w or so and not more than 300$. I was going to go budget again and grab an audiopipe higher line(was happy with my apsm 1000w), or even a soundstream ta2000 for arpund $200, but I figured id go refurbed and try and get an amp that is not gunna **** my electrical out. Thanks fellas

you probably won't find a "refurbished" for cheap how you want it. get the audipipe listed today its a special "dealer edition" or something for a really good price

Soundstream Ta1.3000d for $259 through onlinecarstereo.com.

rated 3000w @ .5ohm & 2500w @ 1ohm. And they do really close to rated or they do rated. I seen a test done on them and the amp did like 2300 @ 1.5 ohms rising from .5 @ 12.11v, so giving the lower side of voltage thats pretty good

you probably won't find a "refurbished" for cheap how you want it. get the audipipe listed today its a special "dealer edition" or something for a really good price
Yea I figured that. If I can't find nothing arpund 300, might just get the sundown I mentioned. Im just sketched on buying from ppl on here as I have had a bad experience. I was looking at the dealer edition audiopipe apdl 2000, but as mentioned, if possible Ill try better brand that isn't power hungry. Last resort tho

Soundstream Ta1.3000d for $259 through onlinecarstereo.com.
rated 3000w @ .5ohm & 2500w @ 1ohm. And they do really close to rated or they do rated. I seen a test done on them and the amp did like 2300 @ 1.5 ohms rising from .5 @ 12.11v, so giving the lower side of voltage thats pretty good
Was looking at that also, but as mentioned I am trying to stay away from power hogs and I heard the ta's are. True or untrue?

My bad, just read the bottom part with the ratings you put. If true, Id get the ta2000 as I don't need much more. I just kinda threw it aside because I heard its a power hog

Yea I figured that. If I can't find nothing arpund 300, might just get the sundown I mentioned. Im just sketched on buying from ppl on here as I have had a bad experience. I was looking at the dealer edition audiopipe apdl 2000, but as mentioned, if possible Ill try better brand that isn't power hungry. Last resort tho
just make sure you text, talk and pm him and make sure everything seems legit. and only paypal. its easy to spot the scammers

just make sure you text, talk and pm him and make sure everything seems legit. and only paypal. its easy to spot the scammers
I actually did talk to him and such and I only use paypal. Guy was just a bad seller. Got my money back tho, but still sketched. If that guy above was cortect on the ta ratings, I might possibly consider it. Ill check out the link you just posted, but I won't have the money for a week or so, I am just preparing

Was looking at that also, but as mentioned I am trying to stay away from power hogs and I heard the ta's are. True or untrue?
It takes power to make power, but i dont think they are that bad. At .5 they may be, but thats expected, @ 1ohm they dont seem to be to bad. Aslo with you needing only 1500, you can easily set it lower and shouldnt be as bad

It takes power to make power, but i dont think they are that bad. At .5 they may be, but thats expected, @ 1ohm they dont seem to be to bad. Aslo with you needing only 1500, you can easily set it lower and shouldnt be as bad
Yea, the power isn't gunna be my issue. As stated before, I will be upgrading my electrical, but that still doesn't mean I wanna go for a power hog. Id rater get a sundown 1200 and get 1400 out of it at 13.6v then get an audiopipe 1800 for example and get only 1200 out of it at that same 13.6v ya know. Looking for efficiency and rated at 12.8v if possible and amps like the saz sundown are geared to do at least rated on stock n slight upgrades, but if not in my price range then I gotta just get the power hog. And I won't be running under 1ohm

Yea, the power isn't gunna be my issue. As stated before, I will be upgrading my electrical, but that still doesn't mean I wanna go for a power hog. Id rater get a sundown 1200 and get 1400 out of it at 13.6v then get an audiopipe 1800 for example and get only 1200 out of it at that same 13.6v ya know. Looking for efficiency and rated at 12.8v if possible and amps like the saz sundown are geared to do at least rated on stock n slight upgrades, but if not in my price range then I gotta just get the power hog. And I won't be running under 1ohm
You are much better off getting more RMS capacity so that when you run it at even 1500 RMS, it isn't strained and will last longer.

you just have to search for the MMats HC amps. They are rated 1200 rms @ 12.5 vdc. but they all do 1700+ rms at 13.8vdc ....Which one you get depends on your ohm load... d100hs for .5 ohm mono, d200hc for a 1 ohm mono load, and d300hc for a 2 ohm mono load. They all put out the same RMS power at their rated ohm load ...

You are much better off getting more RMS capacity so that when you run it at even 1500 RMS, it isn't strained and will last longer.
Yea I got ya dubstepper(nice name btw). Was checking the classifieds and hopefully I coulf come up on one of the Soundqubed 2200 for around $300. Would of bought one last night but gotta wait till I for sure have the extra funds for it

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.