Votes: 5 62.5%
  • JL Audio XR650CSI

Votes: 2 25.0%
  • Alpine SPX177A

Votes: 2 25.0%
  • Kenwood KFCXR61P

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
i've never heard the kenwoods, so no comment.

the jl's dont sound all that great to me, i've heard them in a few setups and in two sound boards, all sounded muffled, just not that great.

the infinity's i dont like either, they have a harsh tweeter and no midbass, not my kind of setup, i heard these in a car, and in a sound board, they sounded worse in the car, so it could have been the setup.

so i guess its the alpines, they sounded best from the bunch, good midbass, smooth sounding highs, i liked them, surprisingly, since i dont like the other speakers they make.

none of these sound very good.I agree with slick316 none of those have much midbass if i had to pick id go with the alpines.try mb quarts,diamond audio,focal,oz audio, or bostons.

I considered the Alpine comps before the Jl. I tested them a few time at some local shops and they sounded pretty good. I think they had too much midbase and not that tst tst tst before the BOOM! that's what I'm looking for. I do have the XR's and I think they are great comps! I haven't completed my system yet (still have to get the upgraded 6x9s and get the 500/1 installed). However, the highs are great but they're not as pronounced as I would like them to be. It may just be the music I listen to daily (mostly R&B, Hip Hop/reggae, and a little rap when in the mood).

Thanks for the ops, it came down to the alpines @ $202, or the JL's @ $188. Listened to each, and while I think they're both pretty good, bought the JL's. Powering them with an Alpine MRPT220 amp.

Once they're in my truck, we'll see about adding a 10" sub, perhaps an Alpine type R, 1041D, and it's own amp. Again, thanks everyone!

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...