Which CDT Component set?

Participant count
  • Participant list

alove_85
10+ year member

Love is Life
For christmas I would like to get a CDT component set. All I have right now i the factory tweeters and pioneer 6.5s. Should I get the HD-62CF, CL-61, CL-61a, or HD-62CV ? They're all similar in price, with the CL-61a the lowest at about $150 from thezeb.com Would those be the best for the money? Any other opinions welcome for a price of $200 or less. Thanks

anyone????
I just ordered the HD-62CF

They look like the best deal for the price but... haven't heard anything about them yet.. i hate buying stuff blindly but... sometimes you gotta when all the shops around **** //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

Well alove_85, have u put them in yet? Let us know how they sound.

Are the tweets harsh, weak, or whatever...and the speakers ur comparing them with.

I have CL-61s... in my WRX. They sound excellent for $150. The Silk Tweeter is very smooth and only harsh with bad recordings. With a little tweaking, they are excellent speakers.

Obviously not the top of the line, but for the price and a daily drive you can't go wrong with these speakers.

_derek

yeah, i've got the cl61's in my maxima. i love em alot better than the infinitys i had well actually still have i have to agree with u on the quality of the record affecting the sound sounds kind of like the treble gets all chopped up but theyre still great

btw cool car

Get the HD-62df they are awesome. I just put them in my pathfinder and they are awesome. I have heard a lot of comp sets and I love they way they sound. Comparable to the diamon m6 and hex comp sets. good midbass and awesome tweets.

yeah, i've got the cl61's in my maxima. i love em alot better than the infinitys i had well actually still have i have to agree with u on the quality of the record affecting the sound sounds kind of like the treble gets all chopped up but theyre still great btw cool car

I do most of my listening off of MP3 CDs, so that also makes a big difference. But they sound great from MP3, so they are even better from the original recording.

I am actually getting another set put into KickPanels, and will run them in parallel. That will be super loud. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

But by far, the cleanest and loudest sounding speaker I have ever used. Like them much more than my friends MB Qs, those are just too bright for my ear.

_derek

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.