voltage loss after big 3 ?!?

RoYALbLUE08
10+ year member

CarAudio.com Elite
NYC
ok so ive had 2 out of the big 3 upgrade done since months ago ( i actually have 5 seperate grounding points)

but today i completed the big 3 upgrade by doing the alternator to the positive terminal of the battery and on my volt meter i noticed how i drop so much voltage!!!!

this never happened before!!!

before the alt to (+) terminal (using 0 gauge with 250 amp inline fuse) i was always around 14.3-14.1 volts, now i flunctuate between 14.4-12.5 volts.....

what gives?!? i only have speakers connected (no ac or HIds running or anything like that)

also when i turn off my radio it still does it..

i know my alternator isnt that great but that still doesnt explain the drops like that after the big 3 upgrade

and no, my subwoofers arnt even installed yet

Loose ground
hmmm..... my grounds are all secure and tight, i never even unbolted my grounds (6 total)

the only thing i did was take out the bolt for the + terminal and for the alternator. thier both in very tight

but i will re-check it for sure tomorrow its too dark right now

I had an issue with my voltage after I did the big 3/5 and a new 200 amp alt..Not sure if it was the alt, but know for certain that my batteries were no good.I replaced the alt, thinking that maybe the regulator may have gotten damaged,and put the new batts in, and no issues so far..Might get your batt checked out..mine were brand new redtopps,only 4 months old..i didnt put those back in for sure

Should I get the biggest optima yellow top I can fit? It's 220 at advance auto but I it a 50 dollar coupon. It has 80 reserve minutes

Should I get the biggest optima yellow top I can fit? It's 220 at advance auto but I it a 50 dollar coupon. It has 80 reserve minutes
You can get your battery checked for free at Autozone, or Orileys

My battery is only like 7 months old it shouldn't be anything wrong with it. But I don't really want to wait for shipping is there any good AGM batteries that I can find local for decent prices?

How can I check my fuse? I have a DMM.

You guys want me to take a pic of my setup? Actually I'll take a pic and show what I did

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.