Voltage issue

c0ke
10+ year member

AQ
I have a 97 grand prix and i believe the alt is 135 amp..

i know i need a bigger one..ill get one..but

im running a AP30001D at 1 ohm putting 1500 RMS out..i have a redtop up front (4 gauge wiring) and a kinetik 2400 in the back..when i first did this setup i was getting 14.2v at IDLE never checked the drop when playing til today

i put the gauge on it and it was reading 11.9 to 12.4

now at idle im getting 12.6v now with no music playing..could this be a possible ground issue?

I would check the resting voltage of your batteries as well. they both should be resting above 12.8 volts fully charged. You can also run a ground from the back battery to the alternator bracket to eleviate ground loops in the electrical system. 12.6 volts at idle would make me wonder if the alternator was ok.

yea it doesnt seem right..cause sometimes the bass is really smooth and lights dont dim..and then the next it sounds weak and the lights dim..

ill do the big 3 tomorrow and see whats going on..anyone ever done it on a grand prix?

yea it doesnt seem right..cause sometimes the bass is really smooth and lights dont dim..and then the next it sounds weak and the lights dim..

ill do the big 3 tomorrow and see whats going on..anyone ever done it on a grand prix?

shouldn't be too hard.

how much do u get the 2/0 for?

the lowes by the crib sells it for $1.90 per foot iirc

lol no the ap30001d at 1 ohm puts out 1500x2 and im running it to one side..

it runs 3000x1 @ 2 ohm

all that amp is , is two ap15001Ds strapped

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.