voltage drop

Hook your DMM's contacts directly to the terminals on the amp where the wire is connected. But I can already tell you this, the voltage drop will be even more there (lower voltage) than at the amp. 10 volts is already major voltage drop, a potentially harmful amount for your equipment (especially the amplifier). I suggest fixing whatever flaw you have in your system thats creating this much drop.

sounds like you have been slowly killing your alternator and in return the battery has sufferd also

i suggest getting on ebay and buying a high amp alternator there ( ive had great success with HI AMPS POWERMAX and DBELECTRICAL)

and then replace battery also if needed or give it a good proper charge and see what it rests at

edit.. do the big 3 also

0g is best

I have a regular battery under the hood and a stock 103 amp alternator. I had the battery n alternator tested, they both passed. I have extra 4 gauge, will that b sufficient enuf or should i buy hot gauge for the big 3? Will my system pound harder with the big3? I bought the cheapest head unit hey had at best buy, that wouldnt have anything to do with it, would it?

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.