cutting out.

Participant count
  • Participant list

garretttt4
10+ year member

big pimpin
Watertown sd
I was just messing around with a old dd 512 and my sundown sae 1200d and it keeps cutting out when I turn it up past 18. Then when I turn it back down it turns right back on playing. Tested my amp with a dmm and its putting out constant voltage? What's the problem? What should I look at/test?

And I tested the coil and they read good......?

---------- Post added at 12:28 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:27 PM ----------

speaker wire to small?
If it was wouldnt it just not get as much power? Wouldn't it still play the whole time tho?

It is like 16gauge home theater speaker wire...... Lol could that be it then? Lol it was just what I had sitting around so don't hate....
Lol Idk if it would cause that issue, but that's small ish for a 1000+ watt amp

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.