Voltage drop please help!!

Yea like everyone said it sounds like a ground issue. Just ground the **** out of everything. I run 3k rms on a stock 80 amp alt and never drop below 12.5 volts and I have like 4 ground points in my car all 1/0.

Check over all your ground connections with a DMM also (set to measure resistance). If you see any of them having a resistance higher than 0.4-0.6ohms you need to re-do that ground for sure. The highest resistance ground in my whole setup (BIG 3 Grounds and amp ground) (amp ground is ZERO) is 0.6ohms, which some might say is high. But I'm running 2 SA8v2's on 1150W @2ohms and my voltage doesn't even drop below 14v at the battery except for on the biggest baddest bass notes that nearly send my amp into protection lol, and even then it only drops to 13.2-13.5v on a stock alternator //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/biggrin.gif.d71a5d36fcbab170f2364c9f2e3946cb.gif No idea why I don't get a more savage voltage drop but I don't. Maybe it's just cuz my Audison amp is super effiecient (my lights barely dim too).

i agree with everybody about the grounding. ****** ground = ****** performance. if the problem persists after you ground everything out, either upgrade the alt to a higher amperage, or run a second alt. to the back battery

Changed the soundquest to cadence 1/0 and changed the grounds except the alt ground and saw some major improvement thanks alot guys, where do you guys suggest I ground the alt?

Changed the soundquest to cadence 1/0 and changed the grounds except the alt ground and saw some major improvement thanks alot guys, where do you guys suggest I ground the alt?
The alternator case is your "true ground" in your car.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.