Help

Planetaudio23

Hi I just bought a planet audio 1600.4 amp and planet audio dvc 15 inch sub and the amp is 2 ohm stable and I have it wired to 2 ohms.i also have a Sony headunit but I'm using a light switch for the remote on the amp bc I can't find the remote wire on headunit.so I have the amp ground to bare metal in the floor of my truck.but when I turn the amp on it lights up for 2 sec and the protection light comes on then shuts off please help.i have 12 gauge power and ground.

what is your sub's ohms for the vc, 2 or 4? next are the vc's wired parallel or series? how do you have the amp wired? i think your problem is you have one or more wired wrong. your amp is only 4 ohm stable when bridged. one last thing, your 12 ga power and ground wire is way too small for that amp.

what is your sub's ohms for the vc, 2 or 4? next are the vc's wired parallel or series? how do you have the amp wired? i think your problem is you have one or more wired wrong. your amp is only 4 ohm stable when bridged. one last thing, your 12 ga power and ground wire is way too small for that amp.
Your sub is wired to 2 ohm and I'm guessing you have the amp bridged causing it to go into protect mode. See if it goes into protect wiring it to 1 channel. You won't get the full power but it will show if the amp is bad.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.