video screen in car to PS2, i need help

Participant count
  • Participant list

vosschs
5,000+ posts

Banned
k i dont know much about mobile video or anything, my one speaker for car was the thread we talked about this in , ill start a new one since the thread title had nothing to do with it, ok this is the screen i will get

http://www.cardiscountstereos.com/catalog%20page.asp?Product+%23=MV7MN

then this too

an fm modulator,

http://www.cardiscountstereos.com/catalog%20page.asp?Product+%23=FMMOD

then i need a power inverter for the ps2 i guess, i dont know anything about them, could some one give me info on them or a link to what they are like and where to get and cost

every sony head unit I had, had a Aux input. So You would tkea the output of the ps2 and plug it in to the Aux input of the head unit. that takes care of the sound. As for a power inverter stop by walmart and take a peek at one and buy it they are only about $30. That screen looks like it'd do the trick.

Yes, that power inverter should be able to run the PS2 very well (I think it may even be enough to run the PS2 and a monitor). As it was mentioned before, you may not even need that FM modulator. Check in your manual if you have a set of Aux connectors (red/white) on that deck. If you do, just hook up the PS2's audio cables to that, and the video to the monitor. That's a pretty good deal on that monitor, btw.

Details:

·Display Screen:7.2" ((18.20cm) ·Power:DC 12V ·Power Supply:8W ·System:NTSC ·Full Function Wireless Remote Control ·Includes Universal Stand

says power dc 12v , and power supply? needs 8 wattS?

No no no, you don't understand. The monitor will run off of 12v (DC), which is the same as what you'll get out of your car. You'll end up attaching that monitor to your fusebox, or battery or even cigarette lighter. The PS2 runs off of 120v (AC), which is the same kind of electricity from the wall in your house. You use the inverter to turn your 12v (DC) into 120v (AC) which will power your PS2. Don't worry about the monitor, it will come with everything you need. The PS2 is what you need to power.

k so i will need at least a 120v power inverter i think the 140 is the closest they make to it, that would work wont it?
the inverter takes the 12 volts from your car and turns it into 120 volts to power the ps2.

the 140 rating is on how many watts the inverter produces.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.