video card questions

oh, that's what it is lol, I have a pci slot. The only games I play are "worms" and those aren't really "high graphic" lol, think i'll have any problems with this game w/the above mentioned pci slot video card?
PCI slot is different from PCI-express 16x. Might wanna double check that, cuse even motherboards that use AGP cards still have PCI slots. If ur talking about the old school worms that 2d it should be fine, i dont know what the worms' 3D requires, hopefully u figure it out. I gotta goto class, have fun.

the computer isn't "way old" but it's certainly not new. I got it when I graduated in 05 so 2-3 years old. I'll get the model # tomorrow when i get back to my dorm. Thanks for all the replies

the picture quality will **** using tv out on your videocard. i recommend getting a lcd tv so you could hook it up from either a vga or dvi cable. the picture quality will be a lot better and you will have higher resolution.

You probably have an AGP slot

A cheap card like an ATI x300 with s-video out would be a good choice for about $35-40

I am guessing you have an analog tv? If so you would probably run the card at 800x600 or 640x480. Although the tv cant display that much resolution those would be the best settings to try.

http://www.walmart.com/catalog/product.do?product_id=2579700
I had to install this on my comp. to connect to the school's internet, it says pci but not sure if it's pci or pci-e....any insight? I'm not a computer guru by any means as you can tell, lol
Yes that is PCI, but like i said earlier thats not what ur video card is connected to. They use to make PCI video cards but i think they stopped. Remeber PCI and PCI-Express are 2 totaly different things.

seeing how its 2-3 years old im gunna assume its not pci e that just recently iirc became popular as a video card form

i got bad news for ya man, your motherboard has a built in vid card, and no agp or pci-e slot, so your going to have to either get a new motherboard, or a PCI video card with s-video out, im selling an AGP one but i guess that doesnt really help

Radeon 7000

That will give you an S-Video out, very cheaply too. But listen to Jmac, don't bother doing this unless you're going to be watching movies/playing games on the TV, browsing the web will look like ****...

if you're going to upgrade the video card, at least upgrade it to something thats worth buying. if you bought something like this, then you could buy a dvi-to-component adapter like this. it has 2 dvi's, you could use one for your computer monitor and one for your tv. im doing pretty much the same thing, but i'm going using a dvi-to-hdmi on my high def tv.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.