VFL Audio Comp 2K AMM-1 Amp Dyno

Here are all the amps I have tested (Both on and Off Cam) and how they fared:

Hits Rated Plus:

Polk PAD4000.4 (Really good 4 channel)

Wet Sounds HT2

JBL GTX500

Orion XTR1500.1D (VERY UNDERRATED)

Orion XTR2500.1Dz (EXTREMELY UNDERRATED)

Mmats 2000.05D

IA 20.1 (v1)

Kicker KXM1200.1

Orion XTR1000.1D

Digital Design M1D

Digital Designs C5b

Digital Designs DM1000

Infinity Ref 551A

(F U C K I have a problem with buying amps)

Missed Ratings:

Soundstream Tx1.2000d (Wish I had another crack at that one. I didn't have enough juice for it at the time)

Belva BB5000dv2 (Though had very good output and sound for the price)

Planet Audio Pl1500M

Mb Quart Za2-1500.5

American Bass PH4000MD

Dual DA6001

Boss PD5000

VFL Audio Comp 2K

Here are all the amps I have tested (Both on and Off Cam) and how they fared:Hits Rated Plus:

Polk PAD4000.4 (Really good 4 channel)

Wet Sounds HT2

JBL GTX500

Orion XTR1500.1D (VERY UNDERRATED)

Orion XTR2500.1Dz (EXTREMELY UNDERRATED)

Mmats 2000.05D

IA 20.1 (v1)

Kicker KXM1200.1

Orion XTR1000.1D

Digital Design M1D

Digital Designs C5b

Digital Designs DM1000

Infinity Ref 551A

(F U C K I have a problem with buying amps)

Missed Ratings:

Soundstream Tx1.2000d (Wish I had another crack at that one. I didn't have enough juice for it at the time)

Belva BB5000dv2 (Though had very good output and sound for the price)

Planet Audio Pl1500M

Mb Quart Za2-1500.5

American Bass PH4000MD

Dual DA6001

Boss PD5000

VFL Audio Comp 2K
Wait what did the SS tx1.2000D do?

Wait what did the SS tx1.2000D do?
I only had one Power Supply when I tested that one. I got 1574W @ 1ohm before I ran out of juice (I was drawing 174 amps when I backed off). I didn't go full volume and couldn't do a dynamic run. I don't believe it had 2K in it certified but might have gotten there on a dynamic run.

I only had one Power Supply when I tested that one. I got 1574W @ 1ohm before I ran out of juice (I was drawing 174 amps when I backed off). I didn't go full volume and couldn't do a dynamic run. I don't believe it had 2K in it certified but might have gotten there on a dynamic run.
I bet it would get very close to 2k rms! Same board as my PPI and Sound Magus vs2000.1 did 1960w certified and 2164w dynamic BUT the Sound Magus has 1/0 inputs and my ppi and that ss have 4g, i don’t think that would make a huge difference tho especially if you run 1/0-4 reducers.

**** it I’m gunna send you my ppi once I get it back from the shop so you can have your second go with that board

Sweet! Do me a favor before you send though, unless you have already done it, and check the caps in the amp and make sure everything looks good. Other than that, send away I'd love a second crack at that board!

Can't believe the comp 2K did that bad on the dyno I have two of the 4K hope they do better than that have the same bored as the last Model vfl 200.1 and looks the same as the crescendo 3500 and a ton of other 3.5ks but some of these amps actually do make close to 4K so I thought that they might get close but that video is not very inspiring but I guess I can't be too upset really wanted two 3.5ks when I ran across these hopefully they'll at least do that they do look really well-built though at least to me anyway but I'm no amp Tech far from it when I bought them I was told that all the vfl comp amps are the same as the American bass vfl counterparts just new name and new heatsink and beefed up a bit to make the few extra watts to get it to where they are rated but that was obviously a lie at least in the case of the 2K when I get mine hooked up hopefully somebody can walk me through clamping them and we'll see how they do

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.