Wiring Taramps HD8k 2 ohm @ 1.3?

Participant count
  • Participant list

germanyt
10+ year member

CarAudio.com Elite
A customer of mine has this amp on 4 12s @ 2 ohm in a blow through but is seriously considering buying 2 more and having me build a 4th wall in the cab. Issue is that he's currently wired to 2 ohm and 2 more subs would mean dropping to 1.3. I've read enough stories on these amps to be weary of this but they are all from the previous version of their amps. The V.1s I guess you'd call them. His is less than a year old and supposedly beefed up to not be so finicky on low impedance but I'm not sure. Voltage stays above 13 currently and it's performing flawlessly. Anyone have enough experience to know if, with gains set conservatively, this amp can handle .7 ohms below rated?

If its a v1 I wouldn't. V2 go for it.

v1 only had RCA inputs. V2 has in and outs and is 4" shorter.

Yea it's a V2. He's still not sure about spending the extra money on more subs. Going from a blow through to a b pillar is going to be louder regardless and the port is going to be from head rest to headrest so his head will be **** near inside it. Might just keep it at 2 ohm and go with the existing 4 subs. He's thinking about which vinyl he wants to go with right now. Leaning toward black gator skin to wrap the wall with white paint inside the port and enclosure and leds inside.

I don't know what an NC 3600 is but no. The HD5000 is still the old design and $475. The new 8k is only $550 right now. You cant beat the price on the 8ks.
The actual MAP on the two are 564 and 639.

We already got Taramp's to go after DJ Stagegear for advertising below MAP publicly. One more big mistake from them and they will be prohibited from ever importing Taramp's again.

People keep selling below MAP and we'll just keep on shrinking the dealers in the US until we find some with some business experience.

The actual MAP on the two are 564 and 639.
We already got Taramp's to go after DJ Stagegear for advertising below MAP publicly. One more big mistake from them and they will be prohibited from ever importing Taramp's again.

People keep selling below MAP and we'll just keep on shrinking the dealers in the US until we find some with some business experience.

I work out of my home garage and am just getting going again after over a year of no content but I'm a big fan of Taramps after my experience so far. I'd love to rep the company and switch some people in my area to Brazilian. Real quality product as far as I can tell.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.