VFL Audio Comp 2K AMM-1 Amp Dyno

Umm to my knowledge American bass comps amps were rated funny. Like I owned the 3k and bob owner of American bass told me it was a 1.5k amp.. the 3k is the max rating... so I figured the 2k you tested was a 1k amp and making 1500watts is decent

They never say MAX Power ANYWHERE when describing this amp. Clearly states 2,000 Watts on the website, should I assume their 1K Model makes 500W? Nobody buying this amp is assuming that they are buying a 1K Amp. Plus a 180 amp fuse rating for a 1K Amp? Are you kidding me?

They never say MAX Power ANYWHERE when describing this amp. Clearly states 2,000 Watts on the website, should I assume their 1K Model makes 500W? Nobody buying this amp is assuming that they are buying a 1K Amp. Plus a 180 amp fuse rating for a 1K Amp? Are you kidding me?
yeah they ain't advertising it as 1/2 power fs with that fusing mine has 120 and they coulda used that on it.. orion cobalts are the same except they say 5k max does 2500 rms thats y i wanta see a test on 1 and they $175..

The internals and size looks like a 1k amp to me. I’m not defending American bass because they just order straight from a catalog. I just thought it was a 1k amp even though it says 2k

It's the same amp as the Skar SKv2 1500.1D amp. Skar somehow was able to rate this amp accurately.... Why can't American Bass? Oh that's right.. because it sounds better to rate the amp at 2K Rms and trick customers into thinking its more than what it's suppose to be.

I don't know the guys at American Bass / But you can't feel to proud when you look at Skar as the beacon of honesty in this comparison.

Thats a straight up Hifonics move by American Bass..

9YnQtZi.jpg

SO... your saying, anyone who buys an amplifier has to be able to interpret internals of an amplifier for output?

So do these guts look more impressive?

Your picture doesn’t work
check now

---------- Post added at 12:12 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:12 AM ----------

That amp doesn't look anymore impressive than the guts of the Comp 2k... Yet that one does well over 2000 watts.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.