VFL Audio Comp 2K AMM-1 Amp Dyno

Wow that's really disappointing. They have a fairly active FB page and people are winning comps with the higher stuff like the 20k. VFL Audio even commented that the Comp 2k is .7 ohm stable.
It's not a bad looking 1500watt amp.... It's just not a 2000w amp like how they rate it.... As I said it looks like a decent build quality... If they rated the thing correctly I would have zero issues with it.

The internals and size looks like a 1k amp to me. I’m not defending American bass because they just order straight from a catalog. I just thought it was a 1k amp even though it says 2k
1000 watt amp priced like a 2k amp? fkers can go to hell. After the 4480.1 hybrid I already felt like AB's amp lineups will go straight down the path of hifonics. They should have just kept the original VFL korean lines. But literally every other line they put out are overpriced garbage. They literally got a 1k-1.5k tiny @ss amp board, label it as a 2k and priced it as a 2k.... Amps costing half the money makes more power than this sh*t. I do not like the direction AB is going with their new amplifier lineups at all. Bring back the good ol american bass.

If its a small amp and its not a Brazilian, dont expect it to do anywhere near rated.

speaking of small amps... this tiny @ss sound digital actually made its rated power lmfao.

The VFL I tested is roughly the same size as an XTR2500.1. The photo of the amp I posted is small and not Brazilian and does rated plus

Wow that's really disappointing. They have a fairly active FB page and people are winning comps with the higher stuff like the 20k. VFL Audio even commented that the Comp 2k is .7 ohm stable.
really? That vfl 2k looked like a tiny little baby board amp in your video.
Most things look small in my hands lol. It's not a surfboard that's for sure, but it's not tiny. It's bigger than the XTR1500.1d, and maybe double the width of the other American Bass amp I tested.

Plus a 180 amp fuse rating for a 1K Amp? Are you kidding me?
I think unscrupulous manufacturers figured this one out 15+ years ago. Really you'd be hard pressed opening an 80A fuse on most 1500W amps.

Performs worse than a lot of amps that cost less money.
Does it perform bad or does it just not make rated power? Not terribly fair to compare Zenon built amp to a Chinese one which may deliver 50% more power. Efficiency, build quality, and reliability should be considered when discussing "performance" IMO.

If they rated the thing correctly...
We as consumers need to ruthlessly punish companies who lie like this.

Yep that's the MMATS 2000.1 does over 2000w certified and smaller board than the VFL.
Is Mmats not a Brazilian technology? Their amps are small? I always figured they were because the size, they have been around forever and I’ve seen tonsssss go up In smoke.

Is Mmats not a Brazilian technology? Their amps are small? I always figured they were because the size, they have been around forever and I’ve seen tonsssss go up In smoke.
MMATS is made in the USA, been that way for a LONG time (though some of their lower lines are made in China now, but still engineered here and NOT catalog buys). MMATS was around before the first Class D amp from Brazil was even thought of. If your trying to say the design is similar, than you need to say Brazilian amps are based on MMATS tech not the other way around... If you saw a made in USA MMATS amp go up in smoke I guarantee it was user error.

I think unscrupulous manufacturers figured this one out 15+ years ago. Really you'd be hard pressed opening an 80A fuse on most 1500W amps.

Does it perform bad or does it just not make rated power? Not terribly fair to compare Zenon built amp to a Chinese one which may deliver 50% more power. Efficiency, build quality, and reliability should be considered when discussing "performance" IMO.

We as consumers need to ruthlessly punish companies who lie like this.
My issue with performance is against it's rated power and marketing of the product.

Is it a good 1500w amp? Yes it will likely treat someone great at 1500w amp.. But it's no great value at that price point... If your looking at the Skar and want to save 10 bucks it's a decent option as long as you know what your getting into. However I don't recommend doing that as your rewarding a company for misleading people....

MMATS is made in the USA, been that way for a LONG time (though some of their lower lines are made in China now, but still engineered here and NOT catalog buys). MMATS was around before the first Class D amp from Brazil was even thought of. If your trying to say the design is similar, than you need to say Brazilian amps are based on MMATS tech not the other way around... If you saw a made in USA MMATS amp go up in smoke I guarantee it was user error.
When I says Brazilian I meant bridge technology Orr whatever makes their amps so small, yes mmats is made in USA but I was referring to the size/bridged technology or whatever. I’m not against you here. I wouldn’t buy American bass again.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.