Very disappointed in the new rockford fosgate subwoofer's

Well first off their 2000 watt Max speakers 1000 W RMS and they weren't turned up all the way so they were getting their thousand Watts which is recommended if you read the manual but yes that's why I put it up here so other people don't make the same mistake
🤭....how do you know they were getting exactly 1000 rms and not more?

Last edited:
Well first off their 2000 watt Max speakers 1000 W RMS and they weren't turned up all the way so they were getting their thousand Watts which is recommended if you read the manual but yes that's why I put it up here so other people don't make the same mistake
Glad you at least came back to tell us that you don't understand what any of that means or how these things work. You've sorted out the how and the why those subs broke for you.

Pretty easy it was barely over halfway. I've been messing with speakers since I was a teenager. You just trying to be an a-hole and get attention?
So you understand that amps don't put out rms power non-stop and the enclosure affects the subs power handling too...

Last edited:
Agreed with Spokey. And just because you set the "gain" to halfway doesn't mean it was getting 1,000 watts. Unless you set it with a DMM or oscilloscope you don't know for a fact what it was set at for wattage.

Last edited:
Agreed with Spokey. And just because you set the "gain" to halfway doesn't mean it was getting 1,000 watts. Unless you set it with a DMM or oscilloscope you don't know for a fact what it was set at for wattage.
A dmm or oscope doesn't tell wattage "for a fact" either, unless you know exact impedance and set gain at the resonant frequency. The average person is more capable of setting gain by ear versus doing all that math.

Okay I'll give you I shouldn't have used the words "fact" for DMM and oscilloscope for exact wattage it is closer then just setting the gain halfway and claiming it as getting 1,000 watts as fact. Using a dmm ,a voltage calculator & knowing what ohms you are wiring to and you use the calculator on 12volt to figure that out instead of doing it by hand these days. I'd rather set everything using that calculator with the dmm or using the oscilloscope to set till clipping or a DD-1 if you can afford it, then setting by ear but to each their own.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...