Very disappointed in the new rockford fosgate subwoofer's

bigbon01

ohio
I recently purchased 2 P1 15's and a prime 500.1 amp for a budget daily system.Going in i knew not to expect much from a $100 250 watt 2 inch coil subwoofer.But i wanted somthing that would sound half way good and last along enough to save up for a better system.I put them in a prefab box and sounded okay but anything below 40 hz it sounded horrible.So i built a 5 cu.ft box tuned at 32 and no luck at playing low notes.Still sounded like a**.And know with with less than 3 hours of play time (which i was really being easy on them) and gains set correctly the sub is already started to sound funny and smell like burnt coil.I am not a kicker fan but ive had pos comp's sound better in a sealed box.I will never buy anything rockford again.Im thinking about getting 2 sundown e15's.

Well, I mean.... just look at them.

Rule no. 1 - Don't buy subwoofers that have a bunch of cosmetic bullshit going on.

You're actually disappointed with yourself, not RF. Educate yourself and this won't happen again.

Pretty much no excursion and a magnet off a 6x9 unless the box is tuned to 29hz u won't get any lows and the prime amps are junk the audio pipe minis are better honestly and they are cheaper.

The p2&p3 are ok subs if that's all that is available the others aren't worth it pinch and power amps are good but nothing really special

I would of gotten the r2 line before the p1 even the shallows are better than the p1

I used to love rockford iv had a bunch of there older stuff and dsm's punch 150's 500bd etc and it all lasted.My old xlc 12's and 500a2 amp were great.I guess there not what they used to be.I see why know people are straying away from mainstream brands nowadys.

I used to love rockford iv had a bunch of there older stuff and dsm's punch 150's 500bd etc and it all lasted.My old xlc 12's and 500a2 amp were great.
Yeah, that was nice gear. Chase some of that old stuff down, it's out there.

I think the problem is the wrong woofer for your needs. You can't expect entry level subs to offer stellar deep bass if they're not built for the excursion. Also, most ported prefab boxes should be avoided.

This really is not the fault of Rockford Fosgate. One of the best installers and shop owners in the country is a Rockford dealer, so if they didn't offer good products he certainly wouldn't be selling them.

Yeah my brother has a pair of p1 15's in his car.. Also In a Prefab... Sounds pretty bad.. Hits only deep bass notes not too much else..

I know there entry level drivers so there should not be much expected.But there should be no reason why a 15 inch driver cant play some decent low notes.Not window flexing 28hz lows but aleast low enough that you can enjoy music.Plus the subs should not be outa throw already.The subs are brarely seeing 500 watts .I have kept my gains down and havnt played full tilt longer than a couple minutes at time.

The p1, series 1 stuff has always been entry level cheaper stuff but was decent. I have been a RF nuthugger for many years since I had a single 12 and a punch 150 amp back in 1988 but I have noticed in the last few years the entry lvl stuff has really dropped off the charts with quality. for me the last really awesome subs from RF are the HX2's I am running 6 of them myself and even though they are 7 years old they still beat.

I recently purchased 2 P1 15's and a prime 500.1 amp for a budget daily system.Going in i knew not to expect much from a $100 250 watt 2 inch coil subwoofer.But i wanted somthing that would sound half way good and last along enough to save up for a better system.I put them in a prefab box and sounded okay but anything below 40 hz it sounded horrible.So i built a 5 cu.ft box tuned at 32 and no luck at playing low notes.Still sounded like a**.And know with with less than 3 hours of play time (which i was really being easy on them) and gains set correctly the sub is already started to sound funny and smell like burnt coil.I am not a kicker fan but ive had pos comp's sound better in a sealed box.I will never buy anything rockford again.Im thinking about getting 2 sundown e15's.
I know this is an Old Post but I have 2 Rockford Fosgate power t115s that were hooked up to 2 Rockford Fosgate power 1500 bdcp amplifiers. I blew both 15s within 3 months they are not worth the money do not get them complete trash

I know this is an Old Post but I have 2 Rockford Fosgate power t115s that were hooked up to 2 Rockford Fosgate power 1500 bdcp amplifiers. I blew both 15s within 3 months they are not worth the money do not get them complete trash
So you joined this forum just to bump a 10 year old thread to tell us that you blew up 1000W subs by running them off of 1500W amps?

So you joined this forum just to bump a 10 year old thread to tell us that you blew up 1000W subs by running them off of 1500W amps?
Well first off their 2000 watt Max speakers 1000 W RMS and they weren't turned up all the way so they were getting their thousand Watts which is recommended if you read the manual but yes that's why I put it up here so other people don't make the same mistake

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...