vents in the rear of my truck cabin

GrnEydDvl
10+ year member

I don't know if other trucks have these but after removing my back seat I noticed there are vents in the rear wall of my truck cabin. Little flaps over small vents. Riding around with the back seat out it sounds like a window is open and you can hear the outside world.

Apparently they are there to depressurize the cabin when you close the doors with the windows up. Makes sense to me.

Has anyone ever covered them up? Did it makes things louder or better? Did your eardrums pop every time you closed the doors with the windows up?

Since the seat is off I want to seal it up if it is ok.

Seal them or not? Thanks.

why would you seal them off? obviously they are for a reason. heh, mine flap when the bass hits. i noticed it one day when i was outside of it.

why would you seal them off? obviously they are for a reason. heh, mine flap when the bass hits. i noticed it one day when i was outside of it.
I would seal them off to keep the sound of the outside world out. And it would make the bass louder in the car. As least I assume it would.

Leave them open....that's waht they are their for.
Yeah. I just talked to a friend of mine at Ford. General consensus is: Yes, it would prolly be a little louder but it would **** to have the cabin sealed that well in a daily driver.

Negatives > Benefits

Thanks for the comments though.

i sealed mine up in my f150.

it did a few things for me. helps keep the preasure in the truck. and also mine made a nasty noise outside the truck that could be heard if you were close. i see no problems with doing it. it is there for the exact reason you said but there effectiveness is very minimal and i have seen no ill effects by sealing them

i sealed mine up in my f150.
it did a few things for me. helps keep the preasure in the truck. and also mine made a nasty noise outside the truck that could be heard if you were close. i see no problems with doing it. it is there for the exact reason you said but there effectiveness is very minimal and i have seen no ill effects by sealing them
with mine sealed up, often my doors dont shut completly on the first try.

Seal it and see what happens.

You will have to SLAM your door to close it, and 9 times out of 10, leave a small crack in it.

With windows up, and AC on, your AC will blow MAYBE 25% of what it used to.

If you think I'm B.S.ing you...do it. I have seen it done MANY times. The only way to get around the pressure is to have window vent deflectors, leave a 1/4" gap in the windows, or have a remote window control on your alarm system. Trust me, they are there for a reason.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.