using a capcitor does help..........

Your Gonna Get
elefiz3.png
For Being An Asshat

My friend, I just did a search on why capacitors don't help car audio, and the only thing that came back was some one posting in a forum just like us giving bogus and uninformed information why it didn't help him. NOW I am going to go back to school on you , yes I attend an ELECTRONICS ENGINEERING SCHOOL and obtained my DEGREE. I can email you a copy of that also. Capacitors do exactly what we what them to do. They STORE ENEGERY for rapid use. SO nobody in here can tell me the capacitor I bought is not doing just as I described. And you definitely can't prove to me I didn't notice a difference in the bass getting mushy when the cap wasn't installed . So having said that I would like an amp theat can push four tens @ 1 ohm 300 watts per speaker. Do I have to figure that out also?
WB
u call that post gibberish, but then u say u have an engineering degree? lmmfao! also, u can't tell the difference between 2 obviously comletely different capacitors. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/bsflag.gif.21f42eccd34b7d1eb1608fb1b59b69c3.gif//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/biggrin.gif.d71a5d36fcbab170f2364c9f2e3946cb.gif

Do you care to elaborate , you may be on to something.
WB
He is onto something.

The discharge rate of a capacitor is alot less than a standard battery. Therefore a capacitor creates a bottleneck that the current has to flow through. Lowering the energy that can flow freely to your amp; therefore, your amp produces less power, giving the illusion that it did help out the electrical system of your vehicle. In reality all it did was made your amp make less power.

And anytime you use less power guess what? your going to have less dimming. The "louder" is simply a placebo affect.

Oh yea, and since you attended an electrical engineering school and not an accredited university, I suggest you write Devry and tell them how piss poorly they taught you, because I learned more in my computer engineering vocational class at age 16 than you know now.

ok im some what of a noob and even i would never put a shity cap in my car or any ones car and i laugh at the ppl who do .Cause they cant figure out why their alt that was good before the put the cap in as went bad in about a period of 6 months . hum lets see the cap ***** juice from the battery and the voltage rectifier senses that the battery is low so it then runs the alt harder to recharge the battery .The only thing a cap dose like every one else said is put a bigger strain on you electrical system and your charging system . so in 6 months to a year depending on how loud you play it and how long you play it . your going to come in hear and start wining about how your battery or your alt went bad depending on witch is the weakest link in the system and no one is going to want to help you and you know why . Its because you had to argue and fight with every one on how a cap was good for your car and how it made it so much better. so do your self a favor and listen to what there telling you cause there probably more years of experience hear then you have brain cells.

OP.. Just give up bro. your not going to find more then 5 ppl on this forum to agree that Caps work. lol. If they worked for you, good sh*t, I guess you got lucky. I am not on nobody side because my knowledge on this subject isnt enough to make a comment. but your just going to be typing all night about this same subject..lol. just keep it moving and agree to disagree..lol

He is onto something.
The discharge rate of a capacitor is alot less than a standard battery. Therefore a capacitor creates a bottleneck that the current has to flow through. Lowering the energy that can flow freely to your amp; therefore, your amp produces less power, giving the illusion that it did help out the electrical system of your vehicle. In reality all it did was made your amp make less power.

And anytime you use less power guess what? your going to have less dimming. The "louder" is simply a placebo affect.

Oh yea, and since you attended an electrical engineering school and not an accredited university, I suggest you write Devry and tell them how piss poorly they taught you, because I learned more in my computer engineering vocational class at age 16 than you know now.
WRONG ! a capacitor can deliver amps more quickly than a Battery. Why ? because a battery is depending on the alternator to to deliver the current first. Where as a cap has this ready and available once charged.

OP.. Just give up bro. your not going to find more then 5 ppl on this forum to agree that Caps work. lol. If they worked for you, good sh*t, I guess you got lucky. I am not on nobody side because my knowledge on this subject isnt enough to make a comment. but your just going to be typing all night about this same subject..lol. just keep it moving and agree to disagree..lol
WOW , Are you really from the Brick City ? You know we never give up !

WB

WOW , Are you really from the Brick City ? You know we never give up !
WB
yea, i am from the bricks.. right by barringer high school..i hear you about not giving up, but in here. sometimes you just have to say "fu*k it, ill just stop waisting my time and keep it moving onto better things"...lol

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.