Upgrading Your Substage (for FREE!!) 101

I wouldn't have made this thread... but thats me.

I take alot of pride in being honest...

I realize you weren't being dishonest, but you weren't being fair in the situation.

Taking advantage of someone's ignorance.... //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/crap.gif.7f4dd41e3e9b23fbd170a1ee6f65cecc.gif

Kids get away with too much these days. Sounds like the little bastard has absolutely no regard for other people and their property. I gotta respect the mom for owning up about it though - most moms get defensive and won't admit their little angel did anything wrong ever. I hope that kid gets the ~$200 taken out of his allowance or something so he really knows what he did wrong.

That said, I would have done the same thing insofar as getting her to buy a new sub, but as soon as I sell the old one I would write her a check. Infiniti M-Class or not, it's the right thing to do.

With the ease by which she was willing to write a check to make the situation go away, without even questioning whether what happened would affect the sub's sound, I would guess this was some random well off mom. So I'm really not too sympathetic for her.

Still though, that's a little sleazey haha. Grats on the sexy new sub //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

Umm, wrong.

That would be you (alongside anyone else making this same assumption) who knows nothing of her financial situation.

The zipcode in which she resides harbors nobody that could even be classified as "Upper Middle Class." People falling into that category of income cannot afford the physical lots there much less the homes.

She rolled up driving a new-ish (still flying temp tags) Infinity M-class.

Wrapped around her right wrist (that I noticed as she was writing/signing her check) hung a diamond and emerald tennis bracelet very similar to one my mother has. Dad paid better than $20K for the one Mom has.

This lady's was a bit nicer. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/fyi.gif.9f1f679348da7204ce960cfc74bca8e0.gif
Aha, just as I thought! Yeah screw her man if its a drop in the bucket I can almost guarantee that payment was more about her peace of mind than your sub. She wanted to be able to walk away thinking everything was just fine and not harbor any guilt for her little bastard kid.

Something similar happened to me several years ago with a 12w1 that one of my friends wanted to test on his truck, so I just took it out from mine and gave it to him, after hours of playing around with it, he takes it out of the truck and puts it in the garage waiting for me to pick it up.

Guess what, his little brother around 3 years old decided to push the cone boob all the way in.

I got upset for around 5 minutes after I found out, but never did complain to my friend about it, he just told me he was sorry and I told him it wasnt a big deal, just cosmetics.

and NO, I didnt ask him to buy me a 12w7 instead.

Aha, just as I thought! Yeah screw her man if its a drop in the bucket I can almost guarantee that payment was more about her peace of mind than your sub. She wanted to be able to walk away thinking everything was just fine and not harbor any guilt for her little bastard kid.
I am led to believe that this is something she is very accustomed to doing behind her offspring.

He sees fit to damage or completely destroy something belonging to someone else and mom fixes or replaces it.

I cannot say whether or not there is any sort of disciplinary action taken against this young man as a result of his lunacy or does Mom just cut a check and calls it a day.

Hopefully there is some sort of reckoning with him to make him understand that behavior such as this isn't acceptable in polite society but who's to say?

Perhaps he will grow up being used to Mom covering his backside no matter what the situation and once he's grown and out of Mom & Dad's house he'll be in truly dire straights without someone to fall back on when he inevitably screws up.

Something similar happened to me several years ago with a 12w1 that one of my friends wanted to test on his truck, so I just took it out from mine and gave it to him, after hours of playing around with it, he takes it out of the truck and puts it in the garage waiting for me to pick it up.
Guess what, his little brother around 3 years old decided to push the cone boob all the way in.

I got upset for around 5 minutes after I found out, but never did complain to my friend about it, he just told me he was sorry and I told him it wasnt a big deal, just cosmetics.

and NO, I didnt ask him to buy me a 12w7 instead.
What exactly was the purpose of the addition of this closing comment to your post?

Are you somehow under the impression that I asked or demanded that my outdated M6mkII (same driver as the current D6 but with different nomenclature) be replaced with a BNIB, purchased at full retail 12" D9?!? If so please understand that this isn't at all the case.

Did I get a better sub than I already had?

Yes.

Did it cost her as much as replacing my M6mkII with a new D6 at full retail pricing since that's how my M6 was purchased?

No. It could have - as previously stated if I honestly wanted to screw her totally I could have collected the replacement cost of a new D6 and then still bought the TDX from excelerater anyway then pocketed the difference.

That isn't what happened.

Being on the defensive side of forum opinion isn't a position to which I am accustomed but I reckon as long as I have been here it's probably my turn by now.

I'm fine with that.

Perchance the mom in this case will turn this into a learning experience for the little monster and proceeds along the lines of what MarcRocks suggested by taking away his allowance (as I'm sure he receives one...) until the balance of what she had to pay me has been recovered.

Give her whatever proceeds are gained from the sale of the M6? //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/laugh.gif.48439b2acf2cfca21620f01e7f77d1e4.gif

Yeah - I'll sell it to either Scooby or t-money, eh???

i think that since its obviously not a show car that i would be pissed, show that i was mad and disappointed but wouldnt of demanded a new sub. if she offered to buy me a new one(which any good friend would) i might consider taking it but i would of never insisted she buy me a new one.

ill give you this one though, shes a dumbass for thinking itd be ok to pile stuff in the trunk with audio equipment back there....

As most here that are familiar with my presence on the forum know, I am a bit fond of Diamond Audio gear.Right alongside Kenwood's eXcelon products.

So - most of the aboved-described grouping know I have run a Diamond Audio M6mkII12D4 for a great long while.

First powered with an eXcelon KAC-X401M followed more recently by a Diamond D61500.1 sourced from excelerater here on the forum.

As in ~

D61500-10.jpg

And life was good.

Here a few weekends ago I allowed a friend of mine to borrow my car to take her kids to their cousin's bday party.

Said party was being held at the house of a 3rd party who is friends with the bday cousin.

After the party wound down and my friend was loading stuff into my car to bring home with her the 3rd party's son wandered over to the back of my car.

For some reason this little reject saw fit to reach out and push in on the dustcap to my sub!

So - when my friend calls me (which she did immediately) to tell me about it, because she is apprehensive about the way I'm likely to react, she ends up making it sound like the entire dustcap was crushed in inverse of how it should be.

Naturally I quickly blow a gasket and demand to speak to this kid's mother.

After telling her how disappointed I was in her son's behavior and (not so) calmly asking her what she intended on doing about it she quickly agrees to replace the sub. (Cool!)

So - I present her with two options ~

Buy me a BNIB, @ full retail D612D4 from the local authorized DAT dealer where my M6mkII came from for $330 + tax....

or

gimme a check for a lesser amount and I can buy this BNIB TDX 12 from a source I trust which allows for a twofold benifit:

(1) She's out less money and (2) I get a sub I would prefer over what I currently have anyway.

So, I meet her a few days later, she writes me a check, and I promptly go to the nearest branch of the bank she uses to cash it thus preventing her from changing her mind and stopping payment on the check. (Am I too cynical?)

Anywayz...check's cashed, deposit's made, $$$'s PayPaled to excelerater for his BNIB, never-seen-power TDX12D4.

So - because this dingbat kid saw fit to do this (not that big of a deal overall, frankly):

2007_0927Image0002.jpg

2007_0927Image0003.jpg

...today I ended up with this:

A box.

2007_0927Image0004.jpg

What's in the box?

2007_0927Image0005.jpg

Nicely packaged!

2007_0927Image0006.jpg

Just plain sexy...

2007_0927Image0007.jpg

2007_0927Image0008.jpg

2007_0927Image0009.jpg

2007_0927Image0010.jpg

So - because of some rather minor cosmetic to my M6mkII I upgraded to a brand-freggin'-new (NewOldStock, really) TDX for absolutely zero money out of pocket.

Actually, from the same source I ended up with a used but in great shape D61500.1 and a BNIB TDX12D4 for less than $400/shipped out of pocket.

That's one heckuva deal no matter how you look at it!

Thanks, excelerater, for helping me to upgrade significantly beyond the eXcelon 10s and eXcelon monoblock I used to run.
you start by saying shes a 'friend', then charge her for what is essentially 'cosmetic' damage.

then brag about your gain/profit?

weak.

So can I come up there and get the old sub?????//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif:)//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

D61500-10.jpg

LOL @ taillights, what is that, new duct tape style altezza's?

no but serious prowler is a good guy, obviously this was a mistake on his part actually posting it, as i would have never thought of him being flamed in this way... but he still gives awsome advice and whatnot

The child acted as kids will do and his mom did the right thing, that's not what's in question. Your character or lack of is what is being discussed.

Her financial status makes no diff, and obviously she had zero use for the damaged sub. But a man of morals would sell the damaged sub and give her the $$$ or a gift card or something. It's about you, not her or the child, she's already shown she's an adult by her actions, now it's your turn...

hopefully he killed himself
No such luck.

Try again later.

I think he's been in the cab too long...
Perhaps...it will warp your life perspective dealing primarily with society's lower echelons...

i think that since its obviously not a show car that i would be pissed, show that i was mad and disappointed but wouldnt of demanded a new sub. if she offered to buy me a new one(which any good friend would) i might consider taking it but i would of never insisted she buy me a new one.
ill give you this one though, shes a dumbass for thinking itd be ok to pile stuff in the trunk with audio equipment back there....
Who is?

The woman who paid me wasn't loading anything. My friend who borrowed the car was.

you start by saying shes a 'friend', then charge her for what is essentially 'cosmetic' damage.
then brag about your gain/profit?

weak.
Can none of you read?

The woman who paid me for the sub was a complete unknown to me prior to this incident with her son.

A friend of mine borrowed my car. Said friend has children. These children have a cousin. The cousin was having his birthday party at another friend's [friend of the cousin....not of my friend (who borrowed the car) or her kids] house. The family whose house was being used is the one containing the kid who dented my M6 and his mom. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/fyi.gif.9f1f679348da7204ce960cfc74bca8e0.gif

Before my sub got messed with I was completely unaware of the existence of the son who did it or his mom.

lol @ thread backfire
It happens.

So can I come up there and get the old sub?????//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif:)//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif
Umm..no.

D61500-10.jpg

LOL @ taillights, what is that, new duct tape style altezza's?
No.

If you must know it is Krylon. Krylon that has been on those taillight assemblies for over four years now. After several hundred washings it is wearing a bit thin in spots seemingly.

Nobody makes an aftermarket taillight pod for the 93-97 Prizm and the one that fits a Corolla won't bolt up.

So - those of us with Prizms who wanna be a bit different have to go other routes to get there.

no but serious prowler is a good guy, obviously this was a mistake on his part actually posting it, as i would have never thought of him being flamed in this way... but he still gives awsome advice and whatnot
Thanks for that, at least. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

The child acted as kids will do and his mom did the right thing, that's not what's in question. Your character or lack of is what is being discussed.
Her financial status makes no diff, and obviously she had zero use for the damaged sub. But a man of morals would sell the damaged sub and give her the $$$ or a gift card or something. It's about you, not her or the child, she's already shown she's an adult by her actions, now it's your turn...
That's an honest, non-combative response and as such I can respect it.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.